No announcement yet.

Girls only! Aunt Flo issues?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I get super emotional and irritated while on my cycle.

I found the Softcup, and so far, so good - no leaking!! We'll see hiw many hours it holds up; it says up to 12.

I also juiced a whole bunch of spinach this morning and that definitely gave me an energy boost. Now if only my backache would resolve itself. Perhaps a visit to the chiro is in order.
    Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
    34yrs old, 5'5"
    CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
    GW: 135lbs or less
    Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

Ah yeah, I've used the Softcups too. I think they're too large for some people, but they work okay for me (despite needing a smaller re-usable cup, interestingly enough). With a heavy flow, you probably can't get 12 hrs, but they're certainly comfortable enough to leave in that long otherwise! I love using them for overnight .

Perhaps a heating pad for the back ache?

For me, I only ever had emotional issues prior to my period. That was resolved by supplementing Vitex for a good 6 months or more.
      Depression Lies

Comment

Primal eating made my period worse. My cramps were usually average, my flow slow and only 2-3 days long pre-primal.
        Once i went primal, my period went away for 2 months and my hormones balanced out. However, the flow is always heavy, last 4-6 days, and the cramps are HORRIBLE.

This has been the ONLY downside to primal eating for me. I will try little to no sugar and more water next time to see if that helps.
        Also I got an IUD a month ago, and it's turned all of my emotions up 3000 degrees. I'm a total psycho 500% of the time. Everyone says it will be worth it in the end...
        Proud Bangmaid since August 2009

Comment

[QUOTE=blondiegreen;1301541]...I'm assuming more iron would be good b/c of the amount of flow.QUOTE]

Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
          It's 3am and i just woke up bc I bled through everything. Super tampon, heavy flow cloth pad, undies & pajamas! I don't know what to do! I sure hope it lets up soon.
          You will lose more blood if low on iron. The body is oddly designed in that way. You will lose more blood if iron defficient. I would suggest to get your iron level checked. Also, magnesium has greatly helped me with cramps. It's not magic, but makes it barable.
          Keep us informed if you find anything that works for you.
          Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

Eat some liver and heart, too. That will help with iron stores, as well as other vitamins!

Comment

Working...
            X