Friends of water filters for fluoride and chlorine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friends of water filters for fluoride and chlorine

I need to order something inexpensive to filter my water. I'm most concerned with fluoride and chlorine. This product was recommended on a yahoo thyroid group.

Water Filter Pitcher greatly reduces FLUORIDE!

Has anyone used this brand before?

I couldn't find any reviews for it. Unfortunately, I've been buying the big plastic jugs at the grocery store so I need to do something different ASAP.

I'm not familiar with that filter. I usually let a jug of tap water sit on the counter for a couple days to let the chlorine evaporate.
    Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

Comment

I wouldnt imagine anything short of reverse osmosis or distillation would remove most of the flouride. Chlorine is easy enough.

Comment

The best way to go is with a water distiller. We use this one:
        Amazon.com: Water Distiller, Countertop, White Enamel, Glass Collection: Health & Personal Care

Amazon has larger distillers for larger families.

Doctors Report on distilled water:
        24 Doctors Report Distilled Water is very Healthy at Distilled Water Support Forum, message 2000592

The Myths about distilled water:
        Durastill Export Homepage
        http://curezone.com/upload/_N_Forums...lled_water.pdf
        Medical Library and Physician's Directory, Health Information - Distilled Water versus Mineral, Carbon Filtered, and Reverse Osmosis Water

You should see (and smell) what is left behind in our distiller. Yeech.

Grizz

Comment

Distillation is the best way to get the purest water. Lots of distillers on the market, and if you are handy, you should be able to make one out of a pressure cooker, if you can find one....

Comment

I use a counter top distiller from WaterWise. It can make about 6 gallons of water a day. I use a filter for the shower to get rid of the chlorine for showers and baths.
            Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Wouldn't you need to add minerals back to distilled water? I thought it wasn't good to drink.
              Depression Lies

Comment

Thanks for all the replies! I've looked at some countertop reverse osmosis filters. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet. Berkey is another brand I've heard of but I came across reviews talking about mold growing in them.

Namelesswonder- from what I understand, water doesn't have enough minerals to really count for much anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  Wouldn't you need to add minerals back to distilled water? I thought it wasn't good to drink.
                  I haven't had any problems for the last 5 years. I figure I'm getting plenty from the foods I eat. Although, I may be living in a fools paradise
                  Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Working...
                  X