Who likes really hot weather?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by snoops View Post
    sweltering in Houston right now. 100F. Yuck. That's how I feel about heat. 70 and sunny is perfect.
    I'm with you on 70 being perfect. I was at the A&M-Rice game today, and the heat index was about 104 F. People were passing out left and right.
    In matters of style, swim with the current. In matters of principle, stand like a rock.

This message has been intercepted by the NSA, the only branch of government that listens.

Comment

I hate the heat with a passion!! Anything above 80 is too hot for me. I can't even think of exercising or running unless it's below 70, which sucks because where I live I have to run at 9 or 10pm at night.
      F 45 5'5"
      SW 177
      CW 141

Comment

I am with Dora....

Optimal working out temp is upper 50's to mid-60's. I produce so much heat otherwise that it lessens my output. I love to go run when it's 40 outside with just shorts on an watch people stare at you for being rightfully insane...

I am a polar bear at heart though. I never understood how cold got such a bad rap, at least in moderation. Once you get below zero, that is pretty rough, but a 30 degree day is pleasant to me. I realize I am much in the minority here....just put on a coat, some fur, then rock and roll. Heat cannot be escaped though...I can only take off so much, at least if I want to stay off probation
        "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Desert rat here- grew up in the desert in CA, now living in the wasteland that is Las Vegas. I would guess it is just a matter of acclimatization, but I much prefer the heat (as long as it is dry) to cold. Cold (which I define as below 70F) is just mind-numbing to me, although I will admit I like the AC running full blast when I am sleeping. I'm generally fine until it hits 110F, anything above that I will say is really hot. Worst crossfit workout I ever had was last August, 10- 100m sprints when it was 111 out. Even for a self-proclaimed desert rat that was brutal.

Comment

I miss the desert, too. 104F in dry weather is about when I fold my cards. The cleansing-like effect of temperature extremes is rarely missed by people here in drizzle-ville NW Washington. I don't know what it is, but as the night gets cold and stays so dry, my skin just always felt so clean! People who haven't lived in the desert don't know what they are missing. Of course 92F here in Wa feels like 104F in California, so I can understand why people balk at such numbers if they haven't lived them.
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I can take heat without too much humidity. I don't take humidity very well, heat or no heat.

Comment

I like the heat but not the humidity. If I have to bake than I perfer not to bake in my own juices. But in order to sleep well it needs to be no hotter than 75 F. When it gets really cold it takes me longer to get up and going.

Comment

Love the heat. Love it when you walk outside and it hits you right in the face and instantly warms up your whole body.

Hate the cold. Hate breathing in the cold air. We moved to the desert for a good reason....warmth!
                  44 F 5'5
                  SW 205.4
                  CW 180.4
                  GW 150

Comment

Hate the heat with an undying passion. Anything above 75 is misery for me. Worse enough I live near the desert, and it's 90+ right now. My pale skin certainly attests to the fact I don't belong here.
                    Make America Great Again

Comment

Since primal I'm largely indifferent to the ambient temperature. Have learned to love the heat, hotter the better, this was never true before. I do have a problem sleeping in it but if I were under the stars this would not be a problem. AC at bedtime only.
                      Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

Comment

I loved it when I was young and by the beach or swimming pool! Not so much now I'm older and fatter and have to work and stuff!

Comment

I can handle dry heat up to about 104F, but between 95 and 104 it feels the same to me. I now live somewhere that's more humid, but humidity and heat together are not fun. Maybe up to 95 at the most if its really humid.

I used to work in a provincial park where the temps routinely between 97 and 104, and sometimes higher. It was a dry heat, but since I was doing maintenance, we had to wear long pants, steel toed boots and short sleeves. We mowed grass with push mowers, moved equipment etc. I worked there between May 1st and Sept 1st and it didn't rain a drop. That was a HOT summer! Oh, and I slept in a 15ft camper with no a/c. Brutal.
                          Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                          34yrs old, 5'5"
                          CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                          GW: 135lbs or less
                          Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

Working...
                          X