Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
    First, holy hell Canuck.
    Why can I not see Canuck's pics yet?!! He always makes me think of Sean Connery.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Imgur.com
      Noted.

http://imgur.com/j18DR4t
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
        *starts looking for housing in Georgia*
        I will take that as a compliment, haha. I actually moved to NC a few months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

Yodiewan, do you ever wear your hair in a top knot?
          I never have. If I knew how to I would, especially now that it's summer. My hair used to be much longer (down to my low back), but I donated most of it last October.

Comment

Posted by diene That's awesome! So the trick is to not look at the floor?
            Originally posted by moluv View Post
            That and also don't be afraid of falling- I did go over once but was able to twist out of it and landed on my feet....
            So...we keep our head hanging loose and not arched to look at the ground below us? Because I can only hold for a brief bit if I have something behind me and maybe I could stay longer if I tried this...yours looks good moluv!

One thing I've tried is using the *other* leg to push off into the handstand, to try and goof around and also, because it is impossible. Instead of using my leading leg, I make sure to use my other, less-dominant leg. Really hard but I like to think it's making for an ambidextrous workout!

I'm too chicken to post pics

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

@ Otzi

#1) I think I like this forum more knowing that apparently, NOT every guy on here is a 24yo "Brochacho"....I have maintained for a long time that if you are super young and male, I don't listen quite as much to your approach. That is just called genes and testosterone. If you are 35+ and still look like a cover model though, I think you have something to tell me as a young buck

#2) THANK YOU for pointing that out about winter vs summer...some of my work colleagues didn't understand when I was sort of berating myself for getting a little "puffy" lately. Given I have added a lot of weight to my maxes (now 7 lbs away from my FIVE YEAR goal of benching 300lbs at 180lbs), but I am not as defined as I am other times of year. It comes to a head for me in about a month when all the harvest starts coming in. I eat like a king then.

Yesterday I sat down and ate about 3lbs of blueberries from an orchard near my home. In 3 months though it will be all rabbit and venison, plus lots of being out the cold....by March I usually am at my lightest and most lean from months of almost all veg and meat.

No reception where I live to message myself a photo...tomorrow at work it is on the way!
              "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Originally posted by spk View Post
                So...we keep our head hanging loose and not arched to look at the ground below us? Because I can only hold for a brief bit if I have something behind me and maybe I could stay longer if I tried this...yours looks good moluv!
                Idk, I was telling my husband about it and he was saying that I SHOULD be looking at the ground. He used to be a cheerleader so he ought a know. He then proceeded to do a handstand in the middle of our tiny kitchen to show me (yum!). But hey, whatever works. I think as I get stronger and more comfortable I should be able to adjust my gaze and start playing with my legs.

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                  I never have. If I knew how to I would, especially now that it's summer.

One word: YouTube

Once you figure it out you can repost some nice back shots. I mean it's only sensible to have your hair out of the way right?

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
                    I'll share. Still have work to do, but this picture was taken last weekend. When I saw it I thought to myself - my waist is getting thinner, and my arms are getting some definition to them. I wasn't picking apart what was wrong with me and looking at the positive!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12797[/ATTACH]
                    A woman with gunz and a gun. Awesome!
                    Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

me1.jpg

Smallest I've been since getting pregnant with my oldest daughter 12 years ago

Comment

Comment

Another old fart.....43 !

Last edited by OldSchhool; 08-29-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

54. Lots of moving slowly (brisk walking, paddling) but no heavy lifting

Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

I think I win the blinding white contest. I'm so white I had to squint at the glare bouncing off me!

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                                I never have. If I knew how to I would, especially now that it's summer. My hair used to be much longer (down to my low back), but I donated most of it last October.
                                Man, it's the easiest hair style on the planet! And a recipe for instant hotness, in my humble opinion

Not that anyone here isn't already hot. Just, you know, a top knot can help things along
                                Last edited by YogaBare; 08-30-2013, 12:14 AM.
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X