Motivational Vanity Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
    I can email you a copy if you like! I should prob put it on my fridge too. and it is what I look like now. as in a week or so old. not me when I was 30 something.
    Just looking at the picture, I assumed you were in your early 20s.

Comment

• Just looking at the picture, I assumed you were in your early 20s.
      LOL no. very nearly ( in 3 months ) 49.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
        LOL no. very nearly ( in 3 months ) 49.
        Your daily baths in the fountain of youth are clearly paying off. 49? I would not have guessed in a million years.

Comment

• thankfully I don't look it from the front either. I'm at the age where that really matters! genetics helps to some degree. we have latin and jewish blood along with the celtic. altho my sister doesn't look like me. she looks her age. I take sodium ascorbate and gelatin when I remember. I took gelatin way before I knew about ray peat but then I have always said ray peat stalked my mother. if you take away the fruit cake and bread and butter. she ate incredibly peaty. plus I have done total avoidance of industrial vege oils now for way over a decade. but yeah this is what high carb does to you. low carb made me plump and relatively haggard looking and bad tempered.

Comment

• Hear hear! Sea I wanna be you.
            ------
            HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• i think you are doing a pretty stellar job yourself.

Comment

• An emailed piccy would be magic Seas, however you will now get people from all over the world wanting your piccy emailed !!!!!!!!
                "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• no not at all. they aren't gonna get it either! i will send you a photobucket link when i get home from the gym. just dealing to kids and a dog who didn't get run this morning on my way out the door.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                    I figured I'd post a few newer pics since this thread has been revived:

I've been doing Starting Strength for the past few weeks (thanks RichMahogany!) and I think my legs have definitely gotten bigger, especially adductors. I'm starting to stall though, so I think it's time to up my calories!
                    Wow such great results!
                    link to my journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread97129.html

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
                      I figured I'd post a few newer pics since this thread has been revived:

I've been doing Starting Strength for the past few weeks (thanks RichMahogany!) and I think my legs have definitely gotten bigger, especially adductors. I'm starting to stall though, so I think it's time to up my calories!
                      Hard to beat squats when it comes to leg development. Good job
                      Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

• Originally posted by jacmac View Post
                        Wow such great results!
                        Originally posted by Scott F View Post
                        Hard to beat squats when it comes to leg development. Good job
                        Thanks, guys. I've been weight training for 5-6 years now, but I had never done squats more than once a week until recently. I just figured it would not allow enough time for recovery. But I figured it was worth a shot. Mr. Rippetoe pretty much knows his stuff :-)

Comment

• Hello,
                          I have a samsung galaxy tablet with android, and do not know how to post a picture here. I tried to select a pic from my gallery after hitting the camera icon button on the post, and it says "to this forum?" I click yes to that and it appears to upload, but then no pic appears in the post. I'm new to forums in general, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any thoughts? Thx.
                          Sent from my GT-N5110 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

• Originally posted by kateolmb View Post
                            Hello,
                            I have a samsung galaxy tablet with android, and do not know how to post a picture here. I tried to select a pic from my gallery after hitting the camera icon button on the post, and it says "to this forum?" I click yes to that and it appears to upload, but then no pic appears in the post. I'm new to forums in general, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. Any thoughts? Thx.
                            Use imgur or tapatalk (on your phone).
                            JOURNAL..
                            @BabesWithBBQ.
                            Gelatin/bone broth recipes blog.
                            Professional Style Website.
                            #TeamBrisket Shirts

Comment

• Thx I will give that a try.

Comment

• Glad to see my old thread didn't totally die in my absence. Seaweed and Yodiwan lookin' gooooood. I haven't been lifting weights or even running much lately/ just working with a trainer on postural alignment and hollow body so I can learn some aerial silks stuff. Just wanted to say hello to the MDA gang.

Comment

Working...
                                X