Motivational Vanity Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scott F View Post
    Not really into posting pic of myself but since I've talked about my weight-lifing routine, my age, and my body weight. Could drop some BF.
    I wouldn't. But then I'd rather look and perform like a legitimate strong person than the dudes on the cover of Men's Health.
    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott F View Post
      Not really into posting pic of myself but since I've talked about my weight-lifing routine, my age, and my body weight. Could drop some BF.
      Looking solid. Yeah, I guess you could drop some BF, but you're doing alright. You can at least make out the line between your obliques and your rectus abdominus, even with that blurry pic :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
        Ooo.

Working on leaning out a lot for summer but I guess I can post now.
        You guess :-P You have nice legs!

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
          I wouldn't. But then I'd rather look and perform like a legitimate strong person than the dudes on the cover of Men's Health.
          Thanks. I also felt more athletic at around 190. I used to try and put on as much size as I could but before ever hearing about a Paleo/Primal diet I got to thinking that an ideal hunter-gather body build is probably the healthiest for longevity. At 56 I'm much more interested in maintaining, or building, sustainable athleticism.

With no longer worrying about putting on more size any fear of losing size doesn't worry me. Even with only hitting the weights once a week I don't lose and I have more energy to do other stuff. I've gone two weeks without a workout and don't lose strength. Based on my years of personal experience/experimenting I really believe most people hit the weights more often then they should and would themselves having better results by adding more rest days.
          Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
            Looking solid. Yeah, I guess you could drop some BF, but you're doing alright. You can at least make out the line between your obliques and your rectus abdominus, even with that blurry pic :-)
            Thanks. The photo is grainy. I guess it was because I used the zoom function.
            Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

Ooo.

Working on leaning out a lot for summer but I guess I can post now.

Look at you miss shorty shorts!!

Looking great. Work is paying off. Can see more definition in your legs and I saw another picture of you recently where you can really see more of a "V" shape. Good work.

Comment

• Aw thank you yodiewan and Jacksson!!

Yeah I've been working hard. I am excited to see the fat coming off slowly but surely! I am also excited to have BICEPS (kinda) for the first time in my life.

I love short shorts.
                ------
                HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• I figured I'd post a few newer pics since this thread has been revived:

I've been doing Starting Strength for the past few weeks (thanks RichMahogany!) and I think my legs have definitely gotten bigger, especially adductors. I'm starting to stall though, so I think it's time to up my calories!
                  Last edited by yodiewan; 01-21-2014, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• Damn yodiewan!
                    ------
                    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Three months in to eating paleo and a month and a half of lifting...

A lot of interesting changes have taken place over the last few months since I stopped living off atkins candy bars. This time last year I was 225 pounds of goo. I am really excited to see what happens over the next few months.
                      Last edited by JimenyKrickets; 01-21-2014, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Damn yodiewan!
                        Thank you! (I'm taking it as a compliment ;-) )

Originally posted by JimenyKrickets View Post
                        Three months in to eating paleo and a month and a half of lifting...

A lot of interesting changes have taken place over the last few months since I stopped living off atkins candy bars. This time last year I was 225 pounds of goo. I am really excited to see what happens over the next few months.
                        Impressive results for only lifting for 1.5 months. From your signature, it sounds like you're doing it right.

Comment

• Of course it is a compliment! Haha

And jimeneycrickets damn impressive ! Especially for such a short amount of time. And here I am proud of my puny bicep mosquito bump.
                          ------

Comment

• Jesus Yodie, nice legs. And TP, that ass.... you are getting an ASS! Everyone is so lovely.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                              Jesus Yodie, nice legs. And TP, that ass.... you are getting an ASS! Everyone is so lovely.
                              agreed on both of these. Yodie I want to look like and TQP I want to look at.

JK - nice progress my good sir.

Comment

• Thanks mags!! All thanks to you and everyone else on mda who helped me figure out what to do to build an ass. Weighted low bar squats, RDL, weighted lunges.

Canio... Blushing here.
                                ------

Comment

Working...
                                X