No announcement yet.

Motivational Vanity Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling on grass is hard too. Heck, falling on the padded mats is hard.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

Another thread? Lol I love mda this week. All the abs from the guys are making me annoyed that I still don't have abs though.

ImageUploadedByMarks Daily Apple Forum1377807810.134935.jpg

Booty shot it is. Wish I could do an abs shot.
      ------
      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
        ^I can't tell what you entered, I'm assuming it's hearts or something?

For your handstand, I think it might help to practice on grass so you don't have to be afraid of falling. If you push too far and are afraid of flipping over, just twist and you can land on your feet. Tuck your head as it's going to act as a counter-balance (where's my old circus freak friend when I need him) if you keep trying to look "forward".
        They are alternating smiley faces and kitty faces with hearts for eyes. What are you viewing the forum in? I wonder if the emoji are viewable from the computer? I use tapatalk.

Yeah, I thought my head was causing problems but when I see people in handstands on Instagram they seem to be looking at the floor and not straight back. More experimenting. Must. Impress. Mr. Anthony.

Comment

Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
          I'll share. Still have work to do, but this picture was taken last weekend. When I saw it I thought to myself - my waist is getting thinner, and my arms are getting some definition to them. I wasn't picking apart what was wrong with me and looking at the positive!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12797[/ATTACH]
          That's awesome!

Comment

Namelesswonder- you were right about my gaze. This is my first ever handstand you guys!!!!

Comment

love this thread

nice one on the handstand moluv, i just started experimenting with headstands yesterday

i remember doing it all easily as a kid!

Comment

Originally posted by little vase View Post
                *starts looking for housing in Georgia*
                I know right?!

Yodiewan, do you ever wear your hair in a top knot?
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by moluv View Post

Namelesswonder- you were right about my gaze. This is my first ever handstand you guys!!!!
                  That's awesome! So the trick is to not look at the floor?

My journal

Comment

How about some older folks - here I am at 61 - Anyone over 50 willing to step up?
                    61 years old.jpg
                    John - Body weight exercise park.jpg
                    Last edited by canuck416; 08-29-2013, 02:32 PM.
                    Recent Blog: http://www.peakperformanceradio.net/...y-john-saville

https://www.facebook.com/PaleoJourne...?ref=bookmarks

Comment

First, holy hell Canuck. If I am above ground at 60 it will be a pretty amazing feat....25yo ripped dudes is one thing. 60yo ripped dudes deserve big timer respect Well done.

As for the thread itself....I love it. I will put some of mine up pretty soon.

Is it odd that I am almost always most ripped in the winter though? I mean summer is lots of in-season fruit, little game animals left from last fall's hunting, and a lot of nights out. I still work hard, but it's uphill when it's 80 and sunny all day.

Winter is snowshoeing, CC skiing, almost 100% game animal diet, lots of root cellar veg, and general hard-assness. Summer is so decadent for me....good job to anyone that keeps it together when it's so nice out.
                      "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post
                        That's awesome! So the trick is to not look at the floor?
                        That and also don't be afraid of falling- I did go over once but was able to twist out of it and landed on my feet. I felt a little hesitant because I was in my small office and didn't want to fall over onto things, and my house is even worse. I think going to a park with nice grass and so much open space will help a lot. I'm so excited. And honestly just all that practicing felt like a workout in itself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                          First, holy hell Canuck. If I am above ground at 60 it will be a pretty amazing feat....25yo ripped dudes is one thing. 60yo ripped dudes deserve big timer respect Well done.

As for the thread itself....I love it. I will put some of mine up pretty soon.

Is it odd that I am almost always most ripped in the winter though? I mean summer is lots of in-season fruit, little game animals left from last fall's hunting, and a lot of nights out. I still work hard, but it's uphill when it's 80 and sunny all day.

Winter is snowshoeing, CC skiing, almost 100% game animal diet, lots of root cellar veg, and general hard-assness. Summer is so decadent for me....good job to anyone that keeps it together when it's so nice out.
                          Lazzy - Doesn't it seem more natural to eat plainly in winter and be lean and ripped by winter's end and spend your summer enjoying seasonal treats and working out harder to build muscle with the extra calories? That's pretty much what every wild animal does, why not us? I always thought it was so backwards to use winter as an excuse to eat lots of comfort food and gain 15 pounds.

In fact, while we are at it, I remember reading a study that said diabetes was actually a survival mechanism so that people living in northern climates could build a thick layer of fat by gorging on summer fruits.

OK, enuf of that...here's me (I'm 48):

Comment

310#

And a stupid one of me trying not to be so damn little:

Last edited by RichMahogany; 08-29-2013, 03:53 PM.
                            The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                              Another thread? Lol I love mda this week. All the abs from the guys are making me annoyed that I still don't have abs though.

[ATTACH]12798[/ATTACH]

Booty shot it is. Wish I could do an abs shot.
                              Imgur.com

Comment

Motivational Vanity Pics

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                                Moluv and Diene, handstands are easy. You probably just need to focus more. I've found that doing handstands in dangerous places makes your brain REALLY focus; handstands get easier then.

Hey that guy.... Good seeing you Mr. Anthony.
                                Last edited by tact; 08-29-2013, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X