Motivational Vanity Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
    When my landlord finally comes over to approve a location for the pull-up bar to be installed, I will post a picture of myself hanging hopelessly from it.
    If you can't do a proper pull-up, just grab the bar, stand on something if you are not tall enough, and push/pull yourself up helping with your legs and lower yourself slowly! Rinse and repeat...
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
      If you can't do a proper pull-up, just grab the bar, stand on something if you are not tall enough, and push yourself up helping with your legs and lower yourself slowly! Rinse and repeat...
      That's the plan! I'm psyched, can't wait to have some upper body strength. Once I can master a pull-up, I want to get a Tough Mudder on my calendar.
      Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
        At first glance I thought that said "hanging toplessly from it"
        I read it that way too.
        I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• http://imgur.com/IHb2Q0b
          http://imgur.com/RIB1ck8
          no bikini shots

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

I will wait with bated breath.

I actually did a google image search for weighted pull-ups after you mentioned it earlier because I am not very patient. I totally stare at anyone doing pull-ups at the gym, and don't even care. It fascinates me because I can't even do one. I use the assisted pull up at like 80% of my weight. Maybe some pull-ups pics will motivate ME
            Here is some inspiration from Penny McIntosh, who is a 52-year old Primal mother of four:

Penny's Chest Back Superset Workout - YouTube

Comment

• That chest workout is working well for her.
              I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by m.s View Post
                Here is some inspiration from Penny McIntosh, who is a 52-year old Primal mother of four:

Penny's Chest Back Superset Workout - YouTube
                Good stuff, that oldschool lady is a better role model than heavy lifting powerlifters, at last for woman age 35+
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

• Wow, she doesn't look 52.

My journal

Comment

• Alright, I hope this works. Probably will come in upside down cause they always do. Note to self: taking selfies is hard!

image.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Zanna View Post
                      Alright, I hope this works. Probably will come in upside down cause they always do. Note to self: taking selfies is hard!

[ATTACH]13865[/ATTACH]
                      Use imgur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                      ------
                      HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                        Use imgur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
                        Or Tapatalk.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Motivational Vanity Pics

Or someone with tapatalk can take a screenshot, re-orient it and post it for them

P.S. nice bunz Zanna

Comment

• Well, what a thread. I'll go ahead and add mine to the pile. I don't know if I need motivation so much as support, because MAN, I'm tired of seeing one certain part of myself.

Firstly, a pic of me from Summer 2012. I was at my lowest weight in this pic, 138 pounds. I was concerned I was getting TOO thin and I asked the forums what they thought. They concluded I was in need of some muscle mass.

Here are some pics of me now, taking just today. I suck at taking selfies (even with my new smartphone) but the main problem I have with myself at the moment is the remaining loose skin. I can't seem to get rid of it. I've been doing pullups and Pilates primarily to help develop some muscle mass in the mid-section but I haven't made much progress. I can FEEL it there, I am stronger and I've lost some inches. I wear teenage boy clothes (size 16 skinny jeans, medium shirts in that section).

It's not all bad, I have developed some definable muscles actually in others areas of my body. It's just the midsection that continues to bug me.

Anyone got any suggestions for combating this? Should I just do situps and crunches every day from now until summer? A dietary recommendation? Some form of magic? Or am I doomed to forever be reminded of my larger days?

Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion! Same Bat-time! Same Bat-channel!

... No really, I'd like an answer ASAP and not next week. Thanks for any advice guys and gals, it'd be appreciated.
                            Went Primal July 25th, 2011.

Current Age: 25

Total Loss: 126 lbs

Starting Stats: Weighed 266 lbs, Body Fat 37.6% (100 lbs), BMI 40.9

Current Stats: Weight 140 lbs, Body Fat 15.2% (21.1 lbs), BMI 21.2

Current Goals: Get a stronger core through Pilates and continue being as Primal as I can be.

My Weight Loss Notes Now on a blog page. It starts with "My Weight Loss: Introduction." Available to the public, share with friends if you'd like!

Comment

• Originally posted by trekfan View Post
                              Well, what a thread. I'll go ahead and add mine to the pile. I don't know if I need motivation so much as support, because MAN, I'm tired of seeing one certain part of myself.

Firstly, a pic of me from Summer 2012. I was at my lowest weight in this pic, 138 pounds. I was concerned I was getting TOO thin and I asked the forums what they thought. They concluded I was in need of some muscle mass.

Here are some pics of me now, taking just today. I suck at taking selfies (even with my new smartphone) but the main problem I have with myself at the moment is the remaining loose skin. I can't seem to get rid of it. I've been doing pullups and Pilates primarily to help develop some muscle mass in the mid-section but I haven't made much progress. I can FEEL it there, I am stronger and I've lost some inches. I wear teenage boy clothes (size 16 skinny jeans, medium shirts in that section).

It's not all bad, I have developed some definable muscles actually in others areas of my body. It's just the midsection that continues to bug me.

Anyone got any suggestions for combating this? Should I just do situps and crunches every day from now until summer? A dietary recommendation? Some form of magic? Or am I doomed to forever be reminded of my larger days?

Tune in next week for the exciting conclusion! Same Bat-time! Same Bat-channel!

... No really, I'd like an answer ASAP and not next week. Thanks for any advice guys and gals, it'd be appreciated.

Sounds like you are doing everything right! Compression undergarments will make you more comfortable and confident I think. Try supplementing your diet with gelatin and bone broth to support the skin. And send lots of loving thoughts and energy to your body and appreciate all the amazing things it can do.

http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/men/...tid-tn_spx_men

Comment

Sounds like you are doing everything right! Compression undergarments will make you more comfortable and confident I think. Try supplementing your diet with gelatin and bone broth to support the skin. And send lots of loving thoughts and energy to your body and appreciate all the amazing things it can do.

http://www.spanx.com/shop/spanx/men/...tid-tn_spx_men
                                I agree with mo. Learn to love your body for the amazing stuff it has done. Spanx are the bomb.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Working...
                                X