No announcement yet.

Motivational Vanity Pics

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a bikini shot or anything sexy...and still trying to make progress toward more muscle and less fat.

Sooo much to go ;(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

• Looking good

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
        Dinohunter, you look awesome!

Okay, I posted this in my journal recently, and finally got the courage to post here:

Put on 20 lbs whilst recovering from an ED, and now trying to get back in shape, the right way

Little story to share... Last week my belly button piercing fell out. Ive had that piercing for 14 years - and got it at the time I started to develop an ED. Thought it was a cool coincidence that it fell out right around the time I finally feel I've recovered.

Have to agree with everyone, you look spiffing!
        Stomachs get too little love, in general. Yours is very fine

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
          Whole-heartedly agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ghshl View Post
            Have to agree with everyone, you look spiffing!
            Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
            Whole-heartedly agree.
            Awww I'm seriously flattered... thank you!

Actually I've always had an obsessive hate for my belly, and I used to starve myself to try and get rid of that bottom layer of fat... but since I started lifting the belly fat doesn't bother me! It just feels like a curve now. The shift in mentality was helped as well by talking to a belly dancer who pointed out the biological significance of that fat (it protects the womb).

Seen in that context, a little belly fat is pretty beautiful
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

it most definitely is

Comment

• Yup, Yoga.
                Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
                5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
                Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
                TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
                bloodorchid is always right

Comment

I ll second that
                  Partial since 6/2013
                  Fully Grok since 9/16/2013

9/16/2013 - 273lbs

9/29/2013 - 259lbs

Comment

• Ok, as this threads been quiet for a few days and more as motivation for my lazy arse, here you go.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months (since my steak and eggs experiment basically) and as a result put around an inch back on my waist and lost an inch or so from my chest and just under an inch from my arms.

But in the last few weeks I've been getting back into yayog and random greasing the groove workouts, with the aim of getting stronger again and putting some muscle on, mainly arms, shoulders and back.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                      Ok, as this threads been quiet for a few days and more as motivation for my lazy arse, here you go.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months
                      Misabi- DAAAAAAYYYUUUMMM this is you slacking?! Can't wait to see those abz n pecs poppin' after you put some werk in. Holy moly. I knew you'd be hot just from reading your posts.

Comment

• Finally seeing some progress in my bod after 3 weeks of diligence (prior to that I was derailed a couple of times by grief and subsequent funeral food and family time). I have lost 5 lbs from the scale, my jeans look better but fit the same mostly. I expect my body recomp to be gradual and slow. I'm doing handstands all day, everyday plus whatever yoga I feel like. I can hold chataranga at the bottom for like 10 seconds which exhibits a definite strength gain. Ive also gained strength and control in my handstands. Also some squats at home but I'be been working on my form and feel ready to add weight to it at the gym. I'm going to just start with a bar and keep my form right. Quite pleased with my booty this am.

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
                          Finally seeing some progress in my bod after 3 weeks of diligence (prior to that I was derailed a couple of times by grief and subsequent funeral food and family time). I have lost 5 lbs from the scale, my jeans look better but fit the same mostly. I expect my body recomp to be gradual and slow. I'm doing handstands all day, everyday plus whatever yoga I feel like. I can hold chataranga at the bottom for like 10 seconds which exhibits a definite strength gain. Ive also gained strength and control in my handstands. Also some squats at home but I'be been working on my form and feel ready to add weight to it at the gym. I'm going to just start with a bar and keep my form right. Quite pleased with my booty this am.

looking good!

Comment

• Originally posted by moluv View Post
                            Finally seeing some progress in my bod after 3 weeks of diligence (prior to that I was derailed a couple of times by grief and subsequent funeral food and family time). I have lost 5 lbs from the scale, my jeans look better but fit the same mostly. I expect my body recomp to be gradual and slow. I'm doing handstands all day, everyday plus whatever yoga I feel like. I can hold chataranga at the bottom for like 10 seconds which exhibits a definite strength gain. Ive also gained strength and control in my handstands. Also some squats at home but I'be been working on my form and feel ready to add weight to it at the gym. I'm going to just start with a bar and keep my form right. Quite pleased with my booty this am.

And so are we. ;p
                            Way to get back on track.
                            I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              Ok, as this threads been quiet for a few days and more as motivation for my lazy arse, here you go.

I've done my usual trick of slacking off the working out for a few months (since my steak and eggs experiment basically) and as a result put around an inch back on my waist and lost an inch or so from my chest and just under an inch from my arms.

But in the last few weeks I've been getting back into yayog and random greasing the groove workouts, with the aim of getting stronger again and putting some muscle on, mainly arms, shoulders and back.
                              Yummy!
                              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

• I've been primal for a few years now. I think it's working.

Say hi to your mother for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X