Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit
    Here's more of me doing that (since I can't do handstands, yet)
    Thanks to squats I can finally show my legs!

photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    Last edited by Stacy15; 09-04-2013, 07:09 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stacy15 View Post
      Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12879[/ATTACH]
      [ATTACH=CONFIG]12881[/ATTACH]
      That bow is awesome. The legs are nice too :-) And the FiveFingers are a nice touch.

Comment

• I just joined the site and my first post is in the vanity thread...what's wrong with me?

Anyways...50 years old here. Sorry for the crappy photo but I had to stand back far enough to be under the light so I could take the pic without the flash.

Fendie.jpg

PS...I enjoy reading the threads and the camaraderie.
        Last edited by Fenduh; 09-04-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
          That bow is awesome. The legs are nice too :-) And the FiveFingers are a nice touch.
          I LOVE my bow!! Makes me feel all cavewoman like I'm hoping to one day use it to hunt, but need to get better at accuracy first. I'd hate to just wound an animal because I'm a lousy shot.

Comment

I LOVE my bow!! Makes me feel all cavewoman like I'm hoping to one day use it to hunt, but need to get better at accuracy first. I'd hate to just wound an animal because I'm a lousy shot.
            what bow are you shooting?

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
              what bow are you shooting?
              68" PSE Legacy longbow

Comment

68" PSE Legacy longbow
                cool. I grew up shooting recurves and longbows, but have only shot compounds for years now. and I only hunt with my compound. but I have a byron ferguson patriot longbow that I have been shooting a little bit lately and I am going to have some new arrows made for it this month. it was my dad's and i'd love to hunt with it

Comment

• Originally posted by not on the rug View Post
                  cool. I grew up shooting recurves and longbows, but have only shot compounds for years now. and I only hunt with my compound. but I have a byron ferguson patriot longbow that I have been shooting a little bit lately and I am going to have some new arrows made for it this month. it was my dad's and i'd love to hunt with it
                  I am fairly new to bows (this is my first one) but instantly loved it. Byron Ferguson is amazing! Guy is crazy good with a bow. Right now I'm having fun going out into the woods with my boyfriend and doing some 'stump shooting' - basically playing horse with bow & arrows, trying to make same shot as other person. The day I get good at that I might try my luck at a hunt with it.

Comment

I am fairly new to bows (this is my first one) but instantly loved it. Byron Ferguson is amazing! Guy is crazy good with a bow. Right now I'm having fun going out into the woods with my boyfriend and doing some 'stump shooting' - basically playing horse with bow & arrows, trying to make same shot as other person. The day I get good at that I might try my luck at a hunt with it.
                    that sounds like so much fun. I love to set up several targets on my property and play horse and take shots from different locations with a few of my friends. after watching us have so much fun for a few years, my wife has decided that she wants to get a bow of her own. so needless to say, i'll be taking her to the archery shop sometime in the next week or two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fenduh View Post
                      I just joined the site and my first post is in the vanity thread...what's wrong with me?

Anyways...50 years old here. Sorry for the crappy photo but I had to stand back far enough to be under the light so I could take the pic without the flash.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12884[/ATTACH]

PS...I enjoy reading the threads and the camaraderie.
                      Looking good Fendah.

I thing the guy on the right needs to work on his arms though and maybe some squats....
                      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit

Nice. I've been thinking about getting a bow fire when I move to my new place and have room to shoot one. Never even crossed my mind to go for a long bow!
                        If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                        If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Originally posted by Goldie View Post
                          Here's me. I'm 56. I don't have many pics of me... I'm usually the one holding the camera and I suck at taking selfies.

Originally posted by turquoisepassion View Post
                          Damn!!! I wish I will look half as good as you at 56.
                          Ah, totally! Goldie - you look amaaazing!!!

Originally posted by moluv View Post
                          @turquoisepassion and gorbag, thank you!

And just in case anyone is having a hard time view THIS on their screen thought I'd offer a little help.
                          Hah! Thanks for the help. I do prefer the blown-up version!

My journal

Comment

Thanks paleodog!

I like to shoot shit

Looks like fun. I grew up shooting bows every weekend with my cousin Bobby. Got my first recurve (Ben Person) for Christmas in the 6th grade (circa 1968?). I need to but I don't shoot much anymore but that's all Bobby lives for. Today he's a bower specializing in handcrafted carbon fiber bows. I have one of his older longbows but I just couldn't shoot it as well as I thought I should and got a little frustrated. I've been thinking of trying one of quad-4 (4 layer) carbon bows. He does pretty work and the carbons shoot really well but he gets a hefty price for them https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkX_-nCW3F4 (Bobby's vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk3vTp9pzaU)
                            Would I be putting a grain-feed cow on a fad diet if I took it out of the feedlot and put it on pasture eating the grass nature intended?

Comment

• 37 miles in 3hr 9min.
                              Not so great mph due to water stops but young me would have experienced asthmatic collapse in a quarter of that.
                              37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

• This thread is awesome!!! Giving me some major motivation to post some pics. Not there yet but hopefully soon!!! keep up the good work everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X