Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you recommend for me a good deodorant or cologne?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spk View Post
    After using every freakin' natural product on the planet, I think this one is the best. Home
    Aw crap, more things to buy and try. (but thank you, guess what i'm about to do)

I caved to my Degree today -- not for the odor but for the sweat in this 90F+ degree heat.

Comment

I stopped using deodorants/antiperspirants long before I went Primal. I can't remember why I did this. Today it's been about 80 degrees, I went to Crossfit this morning, and a quick sniff test reveals---not much at all.
      "Wait! I'll fix it!"
      "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
      "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

Comment

In my husband's case, he's been primal for 3 years now (wait, it'll be 3 years in November), and while most of his gut issues are healed, reality is, the man still can have a strong odor.

But, since using the old coconut oil (and also reducing the number of showers and amount of soap he's using), he actually has hardly any smell at all.

So, i think it's a combination of gut healing/diet + less soap use on body (water rinsing.etc) + coconut oil that has done the trick.

Comment

I use the crystal. Some days, if I know I'm going to be outdoors alot, I'll supplement with some baking soda and/or coconut oil. I also have an all-natural deodorant from Chagrin Valley - love all of Ida's products. I've been buying her soaps, lotion bars, lip balms, etc. for years.

Comment

A google search has led me to see that baking soda is known as "bicarbonate of soda" here in Ireland. I'll swing into town later and see if I can pick some up. Cheers for the good replies

Comment

I just spent my first day wearing homemade deodorant and it worked great! I think I'm sold. I did 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, 1/4 cup baking soda, 6 tablespoons coconut oil.
              “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Koozie View Post
                I just spent my first day wearing homemade deodorant and it worked great! I think I'm sold. I did 1/4 cup arrowroot powder, 1/4 cup baking soda, 6 tablespoons coconut oil.
                Thats so neat - I've known many who try to just get by w/ baking soda (bicarbonate) but it seems that the arrowroot is the trick! I read that coconut is high in something similar to aspirin (salicylate) and for those who eat and use it on their skin but who have an allergic reaction, changing to shea is a good alternative.

(Sorry I know you said it worked for you. Just sharing something that caught my eye recently.)

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

I normally just rub some baking soda onto my still-moist underarms after a shower and that seems to work fine. I'm at a conference and forgot my baking soda so I'm going with nothing. I don't think nothing works for me. I hope it's not too bad for those around me. Today I'll just try seeing if the smelly lotion in my hotel at least masks some of the odor. It's kinda warm in Los Angeles, especially when we eat lunch outside in the sun.
                  Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

It was working for me. Now, not so much. I developed a rash. Any ideas as to what is causing it?

Here are the exact ingredients of my homemade deodorant:
                    Arm & Hammer baking soda
                    Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil
                    Bob's Red Mill arrowroot starch/flour
                    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

I don't use any and haven't for years. My SO would tell me if I smelled. If I find myself starting to smell, I just simply wash up in the bathroom.

Comment

Edited
                        Last edited by Breezy111; 10-13-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

It was working for me. Now, not so much. I developed a rash. Any ideas as to what is causing it?

Here are the exact ingredients of my homemade deodorant:
                          Arm & Hammer baking soda
                          Nutiva organic extra virgin coconut oil
                          Bob's Red Mill arrowroot starch/flour
                          Sometimes too much baking soda causes a rash.
                          Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                          34yrs old, 5'5"
                          CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                          GW: 135lbs or less
                          Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

I bought some GeoDeo this last time. Supposedly it's not harmful. Seems to work ok. Up until recently, I used Dry Idea, and am trying to use something without the aluminum. However, I am a sweater, and I must use something for the man-stink!

Comment

I also have "that crystal rock." (you guys are talking about something alum?) Works well enough. Sometimes if I am especially funky, I will smell a bit like man, but that's cool with me.
                              "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

Possibly too much baking soda for your skin preferences OR reaction to the salicylate in coconut. Can you try shea cream in place of coconut and slightly less soda?

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

Working...
                                X