Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't vegetarian s obese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Still waiting to meet a healthy-looking vegan. Look at Durianrider, he's wasting away now. All the vegetarians I meet in real life look 10 years older than they should, and tend to be scrawny. I see pictures on the internet of make-believe vegans who look like carnivores, but they are not real. Or they are lying. Not sure which! And I suppose if I went vegan today I'd still look alright for a few years until the wasting set in full-bore. I mean, technically any time I'm not eating I'm a breatharian, so maybe these vegans with healthy-looking bodies have only been vegan for a few hours. Or maybe they drink fake dust and synthetic garbage to replace the real food they aren't eating. So, disqualified as unreasonable. Only rich people can do that. And it can't be healthy.
    Crohn's, doing SCD

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
      Still waiting to meet a healthy-looking vegan. Look at Durianrider, he's wasting away now. All the vegetarians I meet in real life look 10 years older than they should, and tend to be scrawny. I see pictures on the internet of make-believe vegans who look like carnivores, but they are not real. Or they are lying. Not sure which! And I suppose if I went vegan today I'd still look alright for a few years until the wasting set in full-bore. I mean, technically any time I'm not eating I'm a breatharian, so maybe these vegans with healthy-looking bodies have only been vegan for a few hours. Or maybe they drink fake dust and synthetic garbage to replace the real food they aren't eating. So, disqualified as unreasonable. Only rich people can do that. And it can't be healthy.
      And maybe your whole concept of health is completely wrong and your symptoms you experience now will only get worse, time will tell i suppose.

      Btw, if you check Durians youtube and go back 5 years, he looks almost exactly the same. 5 years of fruitarianism is a long time. He also posted labs recently, 10 years of fruitarianism and is labs were ideal. Dunno man, i dont know him personally but i think he is doing pretty well.

      Comment


      • #33
        Durian does not look almost exactly the same. His eyes keep receding further and further back into his head.
        Crohn's, doing SCD

        Comment


        • #34
          Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          Still waiting to meet a healthy-looking vegan. Look at Durianrider, he's wasting away now. All the vegetarians I meet in real life look 10 years older than they should, and tend to be scrawny. I see pictures on the internet of make-believe vegans who look like carnivores, but they are not real. Or they are lying. Not sure which! And I suppose if I went vegan today I'd still look alright for a few years until the wasting set in full-bore. I mean, technically any time I'm not eating I'm a breatharian, so maybe these vegans with healthy-looking bodies have only been vegan for a few hours. Or maybe they drink fake dust and synthetic garbage to replace the real food they aren't eating. So, disqualified as unreasonable. Only rich people can do that. And it can't be healthy.
          Some binge in secret on meat products.

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
            Durian does not look almost exactly the same. His eyes keep receding further and further back into his head.
            He has more lean mass then 5 years ago as well. Hes looking good.

            Originally posted by eKatherine View Post
            Some binge in secret on meat products.
            Many staunch low carbers binge on sugar.

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Zach View Post
              Come on man, being vegan may not be ideal but its not inherently unhealthy, vegetarians can easily be healthier then meat eaters. Dont know why you got such hate on.
              Yup. Eggs, fish and cheese are all awesome and high quality foods.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

              Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

              Comment


              • #37
                If vegans and vegetarians don't eat more calories than they use, they won't get fat... Just like anyone else. I won't say hormones are unimportant, but they're not the whole story.

                I know vegetarians who look just fine... Some are thin some are not, but you wouldn't be able to pick them from a crowd of omnivores.

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by Zach View Post
                  He has more lean mass then 5 years ago as well. Hes looking good.
                  Isn't he the dude who only eats bananas all day long ? I don''t think he looks good and being too lean is not exactly healthy. It seems like something is wrong with his teeth as well. He should probably fatten a little because if I understand correctly, he only relies on fruits and therefore, has to eat a ton of them every single day just to maintain. But one can see that he won't be able to maintain over time. He is becoming a wraith ...

                  I forgot to mention that he is probably (but I cannot say with certainty) burning out his thyroid and his liver. It's OK to have a naturally high metabolic rate but if you keep boosting it beyond a certain limit, you will age in no time. How old is the guy ? 30 ? He will look very old in 10-15 years at that rate.
                  Last edited by FrenchFry; 08-26-2013, 02:25 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
                    Isn't he the dude who only eats bananas all day long ? I don''t think he looks good and being too lean is not exactly healthy. It seems like something is wrong with his teeth as well. He should probably fatten a little because if I understand correctly, he only relies on fruits and therefore, has to eat a ton of them every single day just to maintain. But one can see that he won't be able to maintain over time. He is becoming a wraith ...

                    I forgot to mention that he is probably (but I cannot say with certainty) burning out his thyroid and his liver. It's OK to have a naturally high metabolic rate but if you keep boosting it beyond a certain limit, you will age in no time. How old is the guy ? 30 ? He will look very old in 10-15 years at that rate.
                    Posts like this are hilarious. You make complete assumptions and asinine comments based on extremely limited knowledge and it just makes you sound stupid as hell.

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by Zach View Post
                      Posts like this are hilarious. You make complete assumptions and asinine comments based on extremely limited knowledge and it just makes you sound stupid as hell.
                      Would it be wrong to suggest that you and Mr. Gill post photos of the guy in this thread so we can judge if he looks like a walking corpse or the picture of health? I can't access his site from my work computer and I don't know which photos you two are debating anyway.
                      The Champagne of Beards

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                        Would it be wrong to suggest that you and Mr. Gill post photos of the guy in this thread so we can judge if he looks like a walking corpse or the picture of health? I can't access his site from my work computer and I don't know which photos you two are debating anyway.
                        Im on my phone so i cant get freeze frames. If you can access youtube just search durianriders and watch a video from 5 years ago and from yesterday.

                        I dont think he looks great or anything but he certainly isnt wasting away because he looks basically the same. Im pretty impressed really considering he eat only fruit.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          Originally posted by Zach View Post
                          Im on my phone so i cant get freeze frames. If you can access youtube just search durianriders and watch a video from 5 years ago and from yesterday.

                          I dont think he looks great or anything but he certainly isnt wasting away because he looks basically the same. Im pretty impressed really considering he eat only fruit.
                          I'll have to check it out later. YouTube is also on the naughty list.
                          The Champagne of Beards

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                            Durian does not look almost exactly the same. His eyes keep receding further and further back into his head.
                            Maybe his eyes are just sliding to the side of the head, so he better can watch out for carnivores and pedal faster away from them?
                            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                            - Schopenhauer

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              In my opinion, Durian has the most annoying and long-winded rants on YouTube. At least as far as health opinions go. Factually, he is always far off the mark when he misrepresents what other other health gurus are saying or writing -- he makes lots of just plain false statements. And no, he doesn't look at all healthy either. The pallor, the sunken eyes, the wraith-like appearance ... he looks like a WWII concentration camp survivor. Thin, oh my yes. Healthy looking, no.
                              I have great faith in fools; self-confidence, my friends call it.
                              Edgar Allan Poe

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by Zach View Post
                                Posts like this are hilarious. You make complete assumptions and asinine comments based on extremely limited knowledge and it just makes you sound stupid as hell.
                                You are the hilarious one! hahaha, but really, I am glad I made you smile. Please, go on. I did not get to read much yet but I will sure read you a little more

                                @RichMahogany
                                You asked for it:

                                durian-rider1.jpg
                                Last edited by FrenchFry; 08-26-2013, 12:01 PM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X