Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't vegetarian s obese?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Yeah. Which it doesn't. Meat mostly causes awesomeness.
    Well i disagree a bit. I think CAFO meat is probably a huge cause of cancer when ate in excess (High pufa, toxins, iron). Although people eating high amounts of CAFO meat are probably also eating high amounts of other cancer causers like seed oils, GMO/pesticide grains, heavy metals, etc.

    But yea, theres no way in hell that animal products cause cancer in general.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Zach View Post
      Well i disagree a bit. I think CAFO meat is probably a huge cause of cancer when ate in excess (High pufa, toxins, iron). Although people eating high amounts of CAFO meat are probably also eating high amounts of other cancer causers like seed oils, GMO/pesticide grains, heavy metals, etc.

      But yea, theres no way in hell that animal products cause cancer in general.
      Well, I'm no advocate for the factory farming system or its products, but I have yet to see any evidence of a causative relationship between fresh, unprocessed CAFO meat and cancers.

      Regardless, we are in agreement that on the most basic level, it's healthier to eat well animals than sick ones. And better to eat foods that come from a farm than ones that come from a factory. And if you eat well-sourced, whole foods, better to eat animals and their products some of the time than to exclude them entirely.
      The Champagne of Beards

      Comment


      • Red meat causes the feeling of "awesomeness" mainly due to high amount of creatine and iron, but that can be supplemented...
        "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

        - Schopenhauer

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
          Red meat causes the feeling of "awesomeness" mainly due to high amount of creatine and iron, but that can be supplemented...
          Of course. It's always better to get nutrients from a jar than from real food...
          The Champagne of Beards

          Comment


          • Maybe it's not very wise to eat red meat every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner to feel "awesomeness", so then we supplement a little...
            "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

            - Schopenhauer

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
              Maybe it's not very wise to eat red meat every day for breakfast, lunch and dinner
              Why not?
              The Champagne of Beards

              Comment


              • @leida, vegetarians/vegans are a self selected group, so I think that might be a correlation is not causation...

                Did you guys know there are a bunch of wild cows on a pasture somewhere called chillingham? Kind of cool looking!
                Www.chillinghamwildcattle.com

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                  Why not?
                  Something's bad about excess of red meat, which has been known for a very long time! What exactly it is I can not say for sure, but one hypothesis is linked to Carnitine...
                  "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

                  - Schopenhauer

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by lea View Post
                    Did you guys know there are a bunch of wild cows on a pasture somewhere called chillingham? Kind of cool looking!
                    Www.chillinghamwildcattle.com
                    Thanks for the link, an interesting read.
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

                    Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X