No announcement yet.

American the sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really hope the dollar collapses and becomes useless and we can finally get back to the way things should be. Hope you guys are stocking up on silver, guns, and liquor.
    Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
      I really hope the dollar collapses and becomes useless and we can finally get back to the way things should be. Hope you guys are stocking up on silver, guns, and liquor.
      I have lots of liquor.
      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
        I have lots of liquor.
        Right on, it'll be worth a lot when the dollar collapses. Especially really good aged stuff.
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
          I'll be using my guns to restock my silver and liquor supply.

Sent via F-22 Raptor

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
            I think a lot of people are killing themselves with hectic schedules. I know people who devote 12 hours a day to working and commuting. No wonder they hit the drive thru and vegetate on the sofa. The problem is that if they decide they want to spend less time commuting and working, all the sudden they don't have enough income.
            It actually has a name, coined in Japan: karoshi. It means "death from overwork."

Here's an article about it -- and I think it's also linked to obesity (cortisol et al).

Comment

Silver. Heh. That works only as well as the demand for it.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by jammies View Post
                Obesity is a actually a big issue in many european countries - including Germany. Over 60% of males in Germany are considered overweight or obese. Perhaps Munich is a healthy bubble in the country.
                May very well be Jammies. To be honest, this had been my first time to spend anytime in Germany outside of the airport. And I don't know how anyone in Germany remains slim, as good as the German beer is, I know I blew it last week and enjoyed every ounce of it!
                Randal
                AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

I also have lived outside of the US for the past six years, mostly in a prosperous coastal Chinese city. The food here isn't all that healthy to begin with, and then it is all drenched in PUFAs. I see bigger and bigger people every day - especially teenage boys and children of both sexes. But what is truly shocking is the lack of muscle tone on ANYONE except very poor migrant workers. Skinnyfat definitely reigns here, and so many people my age (late 20s) are constantly sick, bags under eyes, tired and moody all the time, etc. They work for 10-12 hours a day, staring at a computer, and then start right back up again the minute they get home (usually in their own car - no more bicycling here!)

Now, on the other hand, I'm from an area in southern California where it is rare to see anyone who is morbidly obese. Pretty much everyone I know is paleo or vegan or raw or at the very least gluten-free, something that takes them out of the SAD pattern. People spend a lot of their free time outdoors: hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, etc.

So, for me, I would rate the people in my community in the US as far healthier than the people in my community in China. There wasn't much of an "AHHHHH, Americans are so unhealthy!" moment for me. But, I know the numbers say otherwise... for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Missimia View Post
                    Now, on the other hand, I'm from an area in southern California where it is rare to see anyone who is morbidly obese. Pretty much everyone I know is paleo or vegan or raw or at the very least gluten-free, something that takes them out of the SAD pattern. People spend a lot of their free time outdoors: hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, etc.

So, for me, I would rate the people in my community in the US as far healthier than the people in my community in China. There wasn't much of an "AHHHHH, Americans are so unhealthy!" moment for me. But, I know the numbers say otherwise... for now.
                    You are right about it being different from region to region. I recently made a short trip to Durango Colorado and overall the people there looked healthier than the people down in Texas do.

But again, like Germany, more exercise (walking, biking) and less fast food
                    Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Missimia View Post
                      I also have lived outside of the US for the past six years, mostly in a prosperous coastal Chinese city. The food here isn't all that healthy to begin with, and then it is all drenched in PUFAs. I see bigger and bigger people every day - especially teenage boys and children of both sexes. But what is truly shocking is the lack of muscle tone on ANYONE except very poor migrant workers. Skinnyfat definitely reigns here, and so many people my age (late 20s) are constantly sick, bags under eyes, tired and moody all the time, etc. They work for 10-12 hours a day, staring at a computer, and then start right back up again the minute they get home (usually in their own car - no more bicycling here!)

Sounds like either Hong Kong or Macau.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                        You are right about it being different from region to region. I recently made a short trip to Durango Colorado and overall the people there looked healthier than the people down in Texas do.

But again, like Germany, more exercise (walking, biking) and less fast food
                        Not surprising since Colorado is usually ranked as the healthiest US state year after year. Come to the heartland where I live if you want to see some large people. Here in Iowa it’s not only the norm to be obese, but being healthy is actually frowned upon.
                        “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Comment

How the hell is that possible?

M.

Comment

Working...
                          X