No announcement yet.

American the sick

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have noticed this. Even my 9-5 (well, 8-5) wants me to have a cell on hand at all times (outside of the lab). There is basically no reason for them to call me, as I arrive before 99% of the lab, and leave within 30 minutes of all of them, if not at the same time.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      I think most people would LOVE to take time off but simply can't. People just expect you to be available now and being out of touch for a couple of weeks is a no go for most employers.
      How is your economy going again? Labour laws exist because too many employers are too stupid to know what is in their interest
      Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

The economy is normal. This talk of recession is accurate, but little is said that we have receded from a period of artificially high growth. Thus, things are probably right around where they should be.

M.

Comment

How is your economy going again?
          Oh, it's going great for the shareholders. Part of the problem is that economic policy is not really created to help 95% of people in the US. But the 5% are doing great.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
          Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Didn't expect responses like that. I look at US wage and employment data compared to here and give thanks
            Four years Primal with influences from Jaminet & Shanahan and a focus on being anti-inflammatory. Using Primal to treat CVD and prevent stents from blocking free of drugs.

Eat creatures nose-to-tail (animal, fowl, fish, crustacea, molluscs), a large variety of vegetables (raw, cooked and fermented, including safe starches), dairy (cheese & yoghurt), occasional fruit, cocoa, turmeric & red wine

Comment

The economy sucks. Six years ago there were news stories about people loading up UHauls and walking away from their homes and mortgages. I guess if paying rent and having a suck job is a step up from that, then the economy is doing great.

The good news is that we have such lowered expectations and expect so little from our jobs now, that we're ripe to get some jobs back home. The right to slave states should be booming within the decade. I'd rather sell sandwiches out of a basket than work for 99% of the companies in this country.
              "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                Long vacations also weird me out, personally. I'm in a class right now where the professor is telecoming in from the west coast. He's an Australian, and when he uses employee vacation as an example for version control stuff, he keeps using phrases like "Two weeks", "three weeks", or a "month".

I cannot fathom taking a single week off! I'd be a wreck. I don't even do all that much and I'd still be nuts to get back in the hanger.

M.
                Do you really enjoy your job? Some people do, it's nothing to be ashamed of.
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                  Didn't expect responses like that. I look at US wage and employment data compared to here and give thanks
                  What were you expecting? I do not know how Australia is seeing things.

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  The economy sucks. Six years ago there were news stories about people loading up UHauls and walking away from their homes and mortgages. I guess if paying rent and having a suck job is a step up from that, then the economy is doing great.

The good news is that we have such lowered expectations and expect so little from our jobs now, that we're ripe to get some jobs back home. The right to slave states should be booming within the decade. I'd rather sell sandwiches out of a basket than work for 99% of the companies in this country.
                  I would buy your sandwiches. Hold the bread, please.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post

I would buy your sandwiches. Hold the bread, please.

M.
                    Okay, primal sausages on a stick.
                    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by peril View Post
                      How is your economy going again? Labour laws exist because too many employers are too stupid to know what is in their interest
                      This might tell you something: U.S. Median Wealth Only 27th in World Middle Class Political Economist: U.S. Median Wealth Only 27th in World
                      1. Australia $193,653
                      27. United States $ 38,786

And for anecdotal info in 1982 I worked as a nanny for $9/hr and today I saw an add for an "Instructional Assistant" at a local school that paid $10/hr. So yeah the economy is doing great!
                      Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                        Okay, primal sausages on a stick.
                        Yepyepyepyep already in line.

Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                        This might tell you something: U.S. Median Wealth Only 27th in World Middle Class Political Economist: U.S. Median Wealth Only 27th in World
                        1. Australia $193,653
                        27. United States $ 38,786

And for anecdotal info in 1982 I worked as a nanny for $9/hr and today I saw an add for an "Instructional Assistant" at a local school that paid $10/hr. So yeah the economy is doing great!
                        Mayhaps that job is now less valuable?

M.

Comment

Obesity is a actually a big issue in many european countries - including Germany. Over 60% of males in Germany are considered overweight or obese. Perhaps Munich is a healthy bubble in the country. I live in the SF Bay Area in California and am always shocked at how FEW people here are overweight.

Almost all countries where people can afford and have access to more calories than they need have increasing issues with obesity. Of course, the issue in the US is compounded by the fact the our diet is completely toxic as well as being in excess.
                          Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

Comment

America is so focused in the spirit of efficiency that it has begun to forget the spirit of being human.
                            My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

The US has gotten to be assholes to lower wage workers. I mean, if you are eligible for welfare in my state and get a full assistance package, you get about $28,000 a year in benefits- insurance, food, utilities, housing etc. Meanwhile, a teacher gets $30,000 a year for starting pay, but you probably have student loans and you have to pay for part of your insurance so after that, you get less than a welfare recipient.

I don't much care about people on welfare getting "too much" or "too little", but some of our biggest employers in the country, that make billions and have nice payouts for shareholders have employees that receive public assistance, most often in theform of food stamps or Medicaid. So essentially their business model is supported by the citizens tax money. WalMart....

So we live in a country where teachers get less compensation than welfare recipients from the state and where some full time employees need assistance to feed their families, but the rich do really fucking well. Oh yes they do. Most people in the middle class are just scared shitless of what the next "change" will bring. Tripling of interest on student loans? How much will my health insurance run now?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                              Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Similar situation in the UK magnolia. Tax payers supporting big companies by the back door basically.

Comment

Working...
                                X