Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Natural Remedy Against Toe and Toenail fungus?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natural Remedy Against Toe and Toenail fungus?

Could anyone give me a recommendation of a natural remedy against toe and toenail fungus?
    I am living in a tropical climate and walking barefoot a lot.
    I easily get the fungus during rainy and wet times and It is hard to get rid of.

Tea Tree oil works well. On the toe. Don't drink it.
    Last edited by Classic; 05-03-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

This is gross...but I've heard urine works very well! Don't have any fungus to try it on, but you could give a whirl!
      Went Primal: 3/28/2010 - 43 lbs lost!
      Over 15 inches gone!

Primal Journal ~ Jadeocean

Comment

Originally posted by Classic View Post
        Tea Tree oil works well. On the toe. Don't drink it.
        Agreed - Cut your toenails really short and then apply Tea Tree oil with a Q-tip on your nails and try to get underneath as much as you can.

Comment

I had a couple of funky toenails pre-PB, but when I started using coconut oil as a mositurizer, the nails started growing in clear and clean. Also, I had a wart on one toe-it just fell off...
          ETA: The wart---not the toe.
          Last edited by kuno1chi; 05-03-2010, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I'll also vouch for tea tree oil. Works wonderfully.

Comment

Tea tree oil is great, but try a little first because it can be too harsh for some people. Coconut oil is also great. Coconut is one of the antifungals in nature. Health stores sell caprylic acid which is a derivative of coconut. Other folk remedies include soaking in vinegar and smearing regular vaseline all over your feet at night. I have tried them all. Another antifungal that isn't usually used for fungus on the feet is garlic. Just crush it and rub it on. Same advice for garlic as for tea tree oil.
              Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

Comment

Not sure how primal this is, but mouthwash - soaking your feet in it - will get rid of fungus.
                ~Beth~ wife to Chris, mommy to Anthony Nathaniel, Anastasia Fae, Baby C, David Cillian, and Charlie George.

Comment

Going for Coconuts

Thank you so much for all good advices. As I am living on a small South Pacific Island where we have tons of coconuts I will give it a try.
                  Strangely enough I never heard about using coconut oil for curing fungus
                  Thanks a million for your help...

Comment

Try Oregano Oil. It's a natural anti-fungal. My grandpa uses it on his feet all the time.
                    Carpe Diem!

Comment

I second the oregano oil. Tea tree is great anti-bacterial/fungal, but Oregano kills everything and is much more potent.
                      SW: 235
                      CW:220
                      Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
                      Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
                      Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
                      Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Comment

I've been using baking soda and it works really well.

Kuno: same thing for me, wart magically gone (and not toe lol)

Comment

Originally posted by kuno1chi View Post
                          I had a couple of funky toenails pre-PB, but when I started using coconut oil as a mositurizer, the nails started growing in clear and clean. Also, I had a wart on one toe-it just fell off...
                          ETA: The wart---not the toe.
                          Ha!

Comment

There's something going on though. A fungal infection isn't a fungal problem, it's an immune problem.

How's zinc intake? Protein?

I'm assuming that on a south pacific island, there's plenty of vitamin D happening (ie noonish sun, wihtout any sunscreen, for just a few minutes every day.....including on the feet The key is no sunscreen.....

K

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

Comment

Originally posted by cillakat View Post
                              There's something going on though. A fungal infection isn't a fungal problem, it's an immune problem.

K
                              Do you have more info on that? I'm very curious... Thanks!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X