No announcement yet.

"Disappointed" isn't the word...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I feel your pain. Sunday I went on this long hike to this amazing lake where we spent the whole day swimming. We stopped at dinner on the way home and I was so unbelieveably famished by the time we got there, that I ate a half a loaf of bread, a glass of champagne, and garlic fries. I NEVER eat this kind of stuff anymore but I was sooooooooo hungry that I could not say no to anything. Plus I was hiking with this HUGE raft which was really heavy so I didn't pack a lot of food. I could have brought more food and left it in the car but I didn't. Well at least I don't do this often and will plan ahead better next time.

Comment

I have figured out a perfect excuse for refusing anything - I am honestly the mother of a dairy-allergic celiac, and all I need to say is that I am doing sympathy eating (exact same foods), 'cause if I totally expect HER to eat like that, I should be able to do it as well...

Notes - I really do that IRL, and you might not have anybody closely related with the requisite serious problems. But I just thought you might be able to use the idea.

Your rant was great - we all reach that point.
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I wonder if "unrefined" ways of eating will become an accepted category? My workplace has vegetarians and halal folks and everyone is generally knowledgeable and accommodating toward them but when I deflect pasta or cake it still causes an audible record scratch.
        37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
          I wonder if "unrefined" ways of eating will become an accepted category? My workplace has vegetarians and halal folks and everyone is generally knowledgeable and accommodating toward them but when I deflect pasta or cake it still causes an audible record scratch.
          Wouldn't that be nice?

Comment

Originally posted by picklepete View Post
            People who know me have become pretty accepting of it. I just frame it as "I don't eat processed foods." When my work unit plans a food activity, everyone is generally considerate of that and accomodates it without much fuss. The last time we went out for lunch, we went to an Indian restaurant with a buffet. That has lots of good primal options as long as you don't eat the rice or naan. I didn't; everyone else did, and everyone was happy.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
              I don't actually like omelets
              Heresy. Take that back or I'll hunt you down, find out where you live, and mail you a strongly worded letter.
              The Champagne of Beards

Comment

God, I hear you. Guess what's for supper tonight? My sister the vegetarian cooked so it's lima beans, salad, quiche with a wheat crust and butter tarts, again with a wheat crust. I'm eating the lima beans because I'm starving but damn. I don't expect her to cook meat but I'd really appreciate an attempt at gluten free.

However, I have to say. Did your friends mooch off you all weekend? That would put it over the edge for me. I don't expect people to be considerate of my eating habits but they definitely should mind the wallet! >_<
                Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Working...
                X