No announcement yet.

So, what do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I own a small business. We make people's kitchens and bathrooms look very nice.

I suppose I could not work if I chose to, but I've always liked my independence from others, and I also have a plan to eventually one day move to a semi-abandoned rural property with vineyard and orchard, that my family has owned since the early 50'es.

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchFry View Post
      Hey, that's my goal! even with 2 young kids I saw again this funny movie called Office Space and this daily life revolving around an office work is what I am about to end ...
      Great movie. Having a job isn't very primal, is it?
      Yeah, I suddenly became "Mr. Responsible" a few years ago. Managed to get a pretty nifty engagement out of it, but I'm not great at managing money so I don't really have much to show for it yet.
      Grats dude. Being happy is key, we all have our unique perspectives on that. I ask myself though, why do people mindlessly obey rules that don't make sense and simply follow along an abstract view on what life should be? Get a job, buy stuff, get married, buy even more stuff, have kids so they can continue on this lifestyle, then die old, miserable, alone and with nothing to look back on except every day spent working, doing the same things besides fleeting brief moments of enjoyment. Why not make it the opposite? It's depressing, when you think about it.
      Make America Great Again

Comment

Software developer
        Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
        5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
        Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
        TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
        bloodorchid is always right

Comment

Project manager for a construction management company!

Comment

Nurse Anesthetist!

Comment

Actuary.

Comment

Ophthalmologist. Homesteader. Novelist. Wolverine.

Ok, so the last one is just a dream.....still driving my 22yo truck, living off-grid, and shave with a single blade. Possessions are irrelevant. Time and impact on others are the truly valuable commodities.

"Possessions are a disease with them." - Sitting Bull, referring to the white man.
                "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Law student (yes I have been warned sufficiently about pitfalls but I got a full ride so I decided to go for it) hoping to go into patent law. Chem engineering & biochemistry background with some biotech research thrown in. Also worked in fashion (for example Marie Claire's hq and talking as style expert on E! News etc).

A whole world of difference going from engineering to research labs to fashion world back to law school.

I might change again in a few years. Thankfully i am not gonna be in too much debt so going to free to switch if I don't like it after 2ish years.

Journal: www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87464.html
                  Last edited by turquoisepassion; 08-22-2013, 05:16 AM.
                  ------
                  HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Comment

HSSE (Health, Safety, Security & Environmental) director for an Egyptian petrochemical company. O.P.U.S. (Old Paramedic Under Stress) that got burned out working 911, got into safety and have done the HSE thing in 14 different countries (so far).
                    Randal
                    AKA: Texas Grok

Originally posted by texas.grok
                    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                    http://hardcoremind.com/

Comment

Software dev for telecom tech. But I plan on quitting soon, tired of this stuff.

Comment

Mechanical engineer. Milling and Turning for a small company.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Well, to earn the $$$, I work in the accounting field and deploy capital on the side to earn a decent return (i.e., stock investor).
                          turquoisepassion - I MUST KNOW ALL THE THINGS

Comment

I suckle off the public teat. I mean, work for the government.

Comment

Computer forensic investigator, ethical hacker, incident responder
                              Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
                              - Ralph Marston

Comment

Teach/practice Thai Yoga Massage, Japanese Shiatsu. Teach Fermentation & Healthy Cooking classes. Make & sell fermented foods & drinks. Coach & support people with weight loss & fitness.
                                "Science is not belief but the will to find out." ~ Anonymous
                                "Culture of the mind must be subservient to the heart." ~ Gandhi
                                "The flogging will continue until morale improves." ~ Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X