No announcement yet.

So, what do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i work for an italian importer and sell his wines and specialty liqueurs. am under study for my master sommelier certification.

up until june of this year, i spent most of my adult life working in restaurants. what a holy hell that was everyday.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

I'm a sub editor. I used to work on IT/trade titles; now I work for a medical college. I've done it for 15 years and I'm beginning to get tired of adding commas and untangling clauses. I have no idea what to do about this.
      Last edited by badgergirl; 08-16-2013, 11:50 AM. Reason: added a semicolon - I know!
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Lots of IT people on here so far...

I am certified as a high school Home Ec and ESL teacher,but have never had a full-time classroom of my own. Currently I am staying home with my girls. No plans to get into the public school system any time soon. I have worked at the college level, and loved it, but maybe when my baby is in school too.

DH and I own and run our organic laundry detergent business, selling both retail and wholesale. www.greenerlivingstore.com

I'm in the process of applying for a Crisis Hotline Worker, where I would answer the hotline after hours. I can do it from home, and it's in the evenings when DH is home, so it should be pretty easy. No counselling involved so it shouldn't get too emotional. Crossing my fingers that I get it b/c the extra income would make it much easier to save up for a different van!

DH works at an insurance agency and sells mainly farm and crop insurance.
        Last edited by blondiegreen; 08-16-2013, 12:30 PM.
        Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
        34yrs old, 5'5"
        CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
        GW: 135lbs or less
        Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

IT Manger for a commercial printing company. Everything from teching computers to web design.

Comment

I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker. I have a private therapy practice specializing mostly in addictions and anxiety disorders. Mostly use what is known as a Rational Living approach. I split my time between that and being a stay at home Dad for my two kids since the wife has a demanding career that involves lots of hours. If I could only get my wife to try PB, I could have used the bringing home the bacon gag about her!

Comment

Legal assistant for the Gubamint.
              My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

Certified Accounting Troll. Woo!
                "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts."-Winston Churchill

"Keep Calm and Carry On"-British Wartime Poster

"Don't Panic"
                -H2G2

Comment

I work in retail, have worked the front line most of my working life. I currently work in a shoe store, I sell beautiful shoes
                  Go sell crazy somewhere else.........we're all stocked up here.

Comment

My job is sort of like being an international spy/ninja, except slightly less espionage and stealth and just a bit more pie charts and reading regulatory bulletins.
                    The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Non-profit conservation

Comment

Graphic artist/IT. I seem to get all the plum work on computer hardware between my artwork load.
                        Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
                        Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
                        Current weight: 210.8 lbs
                        Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
                        ChooseMyPlate

Comment

I teach ethical farming and sea shore foraging.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealgair View Post
                            I teach ethical farming and sea shore foraging.
                            I want to be you.

I'm in IT. Data center operations manager.

Comment

Systems Analyst in a bank

Sent from my Nexus 4

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                My job is sort of like being an international spy/ninja, except slightly less espionage and stealth and just a bit more pie charts and reading regulatory bulletins.
                                Mmm. Pie.
                                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Working...
                                X