Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Student, and I'm lucky enough to live in a country where we actually get paid to go to school Doesn't cut my expenses though, so I freelance as a digital artist at the side.

    Comment


    • I train doctors to do disability medical examinations, as well as proofread their reports.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Reindeer View Post
        Student, and I'm lucky enough to live in a country where we actually get paid to go to school Doesn't cut my expenses though, so I freelance as a digital artist at the side.
        Norway?

        M.

        Comment


        • Was a CNA for years, now I work at TRANE as an assembly tech....we get breaks, a regular lunch time and the work is fun.

          Best part is I am walking, going up and down ladders, dozens of squats and lifting heavy things all day long. I can even do some exercises lifting a container of bolts, or containers of heavy things and add to a normal daily workout. I have more muscles than when I was working out with weights. It's awesome!
          44 F 5'5
          SW 205.4
          CW 180.4
          GW 150

          Comment


          • Massage Therapist.

            I am thinking of trying the medical coding thing as a part time from home gig. Full time for a MT is considered about 3 to 4 one hour long massages a day because it takes a lot out of you. I know you can't work from home right away with the coding and have to work in an office first, but I guess sitting all day for a few months wont kill me. I will hate it though.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              I'm a muse.
              LOVE THIS!

              Me - SAHM of four. Homeschooling three, as one is multiply-disabled/special-needs and goes to a school just for kids like her. The homeschooling side means that I am continually deprogramming myself of what public school and popular culture indoctrinated, as well as learning wonderful stuff that public school could not or would not teach. The special-needs side means that I get to learn almost enough to nearly be able to sit for a medical cert of some kind once this kid has reached adulthood.

              Previous life - "wire room" for a big brokerage company that no longer exists.
              Last edited by Crabbcakes; 11-22-2013, 07:56 AM.
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

              Comment


              • Crabcakes, I'm the mom of a special needs kid, too. I'm convinced there will be a special place in heaven for us when we get there...

                Comment


                • Venture capital, investing in Asia.

                  Comment


                  • i'm an RN by trade, but haven't worked since before i had my 4th baby 9 years ago. keep my license current tho. NEVER wan tot have to take that test again!!

                    mostly i have been a stay at home mom to 4 kids (all are in school now). over the past 11-12 years i have taken my hobby and turned it into a business. i have created my own line of bath and body products. i sell online and have several wholesale retailers who buy my products.

                    Comment


                    • Slave!!!

                      Seriously I'm a SHEQ assistant. Meaning that I have to do all the boring jobs the Safety-Health-Evironment and Quality Manager doesn't want to do or doesn't have the patience to do
                      My story, My thought....

                      It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                        Slave!!!

                        Seriously I'm a SHEQ assistant. Meaning that I have to do all the boring jobs the Safety-Health-Evironment and Quality Manager doesn't want to do or doesn't have the patience to do
                        I'm the HSSE director at a petrochemical company in Egypt. I could use a slav....um, assistant.
                        Randal
                        AKA: Texas Grok

                        Originally posted by texas.grok
                        Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
                        http://hardcoremind.com/

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by texas.grok View Post
                          I'm the HSSE director at a petrochemical company in Egypt. I could use a slav....um, assistant.
                          !!!
                          I'm working in the food industry. We are making and cleaning crates for fruits and vegetables... it's not the most exciting business. I'm looking for something else but Egypt is a bit too much of a commute...
                          My story, My thought....

                          It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                          Comment


                          • Teacher; teaching kids from 10-17 at a public school. Should stay young and vital because of bathing in hormones daily for several hours. I really like puberty...

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gergirl View Post
                              Teacher; teaching kids from 10-17 at a public school. Should stay young and vital because of bathing in hormones daily for several hours. I really like puberty...
                              I wanted to do that. I had my heart set up for teaching Biology or geology (classes similar) for that age group... Sadly it wasn't meant to be but at that age you can influence their future the most. You can create good adults there
                              My story, My thought....

                              It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by MarielleGO View Post
                                I wanted to do that. I had my heart set up for teaching Biology or geology (classes similar) for that age group... Sadly it wasn't meant to be but at that age you can influence their future the most. You can create good adults there
                                I really like my job and it is good and sometimes even threatening to see that you could have such an influence, at least on some of them. I think teachers become more and more important - it is really sad to see, what's going wrong in some families...
                                I'm teaching five different sujects, originally I studied two of them...
                                But don't want to give a speech here

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X