Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, what do you do for a living?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I was a juvenile court/domestic violence victim advocate and police officer pre-children. Stayed at home for 15 years and now I work an AWESOME job at our local food cooperative. Cashier with goal of helping with community sustainability and planning with expanding the co-op in mind...
    sigpic
    Age 48
    Start date: 7-5-12
    5'3"
    121lbs
    GOAL: to live to be a healthy and active 100


    "In health there is freedom. Health is the first of all liberties."
    Henri Frederic Amiel

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Meghanner View Post
      Midwife I catch babies in people's homes and in the hospital and see women and infants prenatally and postpartum in my clinic.
      Love! I think if I had a different life, I'd be a midwife too, though its an uncommon practice here in Canada.
      I LOVE all things medical, but the actual seeing blood, giving needles, working under pressure etc is not me.
      Maybe I should've been a naturopath....
      Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
      34yrs old, 5'5"
      CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
      GW: 135lbs or less
      Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

      Comment


      • Police Armorer/ Firearms Instructor

        Comment


        • County Marshal, praying to get picked up by a federal agency.

          Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

          Comment


          • Originally posted by clevinger View Post
            Police Armorer/ Firearms Instructor
            Aw, that's awesome...

            M.

            Comment


            • I work on fishing boats in the Bering Sea collecting biological data for the government.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by clevinger View Post
                Police Armorer/ Firearms Instructor
                Welcome fellow instructor.
                How long you been in the business?

                Originally posted by Primal Kas View Post
                County Marshal, praying to get picked up by a federal agency.

                Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                Why????in God's name would you want to go federal?
                "Live Primally, Train Practically, Prepare Tactically..."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Lorena View Post
                  I work on fishing boats in the Bering Sea collecting biological data for the government.
                  Holy hell.....no salary in the world could convince me to be out in those crazy waters! I would die of fear.
                  Using low lectin/nightshade free primal to control autoimmune arthritis. (And lost 50 lbs along the way )

                  http://www.krispin.com/lectin.html

                  Comment


                  • I work as a physical therapy tech but am trying to become a firefighter/paramedic. I have my EMT cert and have been trying to get a job doing that for awhile but there are NO jobs here for that right now! But the Phoenix FD is hiring right now so that's what I'm working towards.
                    "The mountains are calling and I must go."
                    --John Muir


                    "I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
                    --Tommy Caldwell


                    ‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
                    --Hyperlithic

                    Comment


                    • IT analyst for the State of CA. I get to telecommute 2 days per week. Trying to move up but our budget is pretty tight.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Off Duty View Post
                        Why????in God's name would you want to go federal?
                        It's been a goal of mine for a long time...I enjoy travel and it offers better benefits current and retirement for me. Beside all that, Federal is a family thing; my stepfather, my grandfather, my aunt, uncle...you get the picture.

                        Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Off Duty View Post
                          Welcome fellow instructor.
                          How long you been in the business?


                          Thanks man. Started in the private sector in 98 and moved to the public side 3 years ago.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
                            Love! I think if I had a different life, I'd be a midwife too, though its an uncommon practice here in Canada.
                            I LOVE all things medical, but the actual seeing blood, giving needles, working under pressure etc is not me.
                            Maybe I should've been a naturopath....
                            I actually live an work in Canada. It's funded in most provinces! Where do you live?
                            Blood and fluids aren't so bad... Pretty much as primal as it gets

                            Comment


                            • Cable repair and install. Up ladders, under houses, in attics. Running wires that let people sit on their butts all day watching tv.
                              Shame on me.

                              I do meet interesting people and nice dogs and cats, though.
                              "Wait! I'll fix it!"
                              "Problems always disappear in the presence of a technician."
                              "If you can't improvise, what are you doing out in the field?"

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Primal Kas View Post
                                It's been a goal of mine for a long time...I enjoy travel and it offers better benefits current and retirement for me. Beside all that, Federal is a family thing; my stepfather, my grandfather, my aunt, uncle...you get the picture.

                                Sent from my SPH-L900 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
                                Gotcha bruddah!
                                Hey, if you're young in the business, and have nothing to tie you down, by all means, go for it.
                                I don't care much for moving the kids around every so many years, but there's an up side to that as well.
                                They get to experience more of the world than most.

                                A buddy of mine is with DOJ/FBI.
                                He and his wife and kids are headed to Denmark

                                Good luck on your goals and stay safe wherever you end up.

                                OD


                                Originally posted by clevinger View Post
                                Thanks man. Started in the private sector in 98 and moved to the public side 3 years ago.
                                Very cool

                                I'm just the opposite I guess.
                                Started in the public sector in the late 70's, now in the private realm

                                Funny thing is, I'm considering returning to the public sector, but only as a part timer/volunteer.
                                Gives me a chance to use my skills to help out some of the newbies hitting the street/water, and keeps my hands in it at the same time. But at almost 57, I'm not sure that's really what I want to do yet (again).

                                I'm in great shape, shoot well, have the defensive tactics thing down to the sleep science, and know the law like a roadmap to my house. I've received a few offers, and I've been exploring the options. Just not sure I can put up with the BS again?
                                Time will tell I guess.

                                Anyway, Have fun, do good work and be careful out there my friend.

                                OD
                                "Live Primally, Train Practically, Prepare Tactically..."

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X