No announcement yet.

Severe Leg Cramps;

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride my bike 20 miles a day at 25-30mph and I smoke and I don't cramp up @_@ I attack hills hard too
    Make America Great Again

Comment

You're also incredibly light and scrawny and do not build muscles. I ride once and my pants won't fit for a month because my muscles instantly grow. Genetic variation is HUGE in this discussion. My mom is the same way. She eats SAD, is kind of old and fluffy, but didn't think twice about helping me carry a 75 gallon fish tank through the house.
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
        Dont care to read. They are genetically engineered to be huge balls of fat. Wild avocados look like this.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]12670[/ATTACH]

So no, eating a whole avocado is not primal or natural.
        What I'm saying is, you are being misleading. You're saying something isn't Primal on Mark's Daily Apple, when Mark--who invented Primal--says it's Primal. It's all well and good if you don't agree with eating it, but don't go saying it's not Primal when it obviously is. You're not eating Primal. That's fine, really! Just admit when you're not eating Primal and move on.

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
          You're also incredibly light and scrawny and do not build muscles. I ride once and my pants won't fit for a month because my muscles instantly grow. Genetic variation is HUGE in this discussion. My mom is the same way. She eats SAD, is kind of old and fluffy, but didn't think twice about helping me carry a 75 gallon fish tank through the house.
          Dunno, I cramped up on low carb, just saiyan'. Genetic maybe, my father was 6'6 and built like a freight train though, I guess I missed out on a lot of that. If I weren't hyperthyroid I would built muscles easier, but it's hard when you're 6'3 and your normal daily calories is like 3x the amount of bulking calories for manlets.

Also, mark didn't invent primal he just made it popular and marketed it
          Last edited by Derpamix; 08-20-2013, 08:47 PM.
          Make America Great Again

Comment

The Primal diet, if that's what you are referring to, involved lots of raw meat. Not Primal Blueprint with all the cooking, rather different!
            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
              What I'm saying is, you are being misleading. You're saying something isn't Primal on Mark's Daily Apple, when Mark--who invented Primal--says it's Primal. It's all well and good if you don't agree with eating it, but don't go saying it's not Primal when it obviously is. You're not eating Primal. That's fine, really! Just admit when you're not eating Primal and move on.
              What is primal then, just a collection of foods Mark deems acceptable? Screw whats healthy, follow Sisson till the end. And no i dont eat primal, i eat for health.

Lol, Knife come on man. We all saw your progress pics and your not exactly yolked out. I would say your only a few lbs more muscle mass then Derp but 10% more body fat.

Comment

Oh and i also got leg cramps at night on low carb. Havnt had one in about two years now, also i ride mountain bike a lot.

Comment

I do keep a little extra padding around. It gets cold here!

I think we're back to "everybody is different" again. K.
                  Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

What is primal then, just a collection of foods Mark deems acceptable? Screw whats healthy, follow Sisson till the end. And no i dont eat primal, i eat for health.

Lol, Knife come on man. We all saw your progress pics and your not exactly yolked out. I would say your only a few lbs more muscle mass then Derp but 10% more body fat.
                    I don't follow Sisson to the end. I don't really eat bacon and I avoid all starches at the moment (fighting a Group B Step UTI during this pregnancy and really don't want to be on antibiotics non-stop for the last month of it). But, when I chose not to eat something, I state my reasons and say something like, "Bacon is totally Primal, but I don't eat it because_____." Just say when something is primal and you don't eat it because____, rather than saying it's not primal just because you want it to be not primal. Is that so hard?

Originally posted by knifegill
                    The Primal diet, if that's what you are referring to, involved lots of raw meat. Not Primal Blueprint with all the cooking, rather different!
                    Even that diet advocated avocados, according to Wikipedia! User:Pietrosperoni/Primal diet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Honestly i dont care at all what others eat. Just think avocados are one of the worst "healthy" foods out there. Really when you look at their nutrition profile, i dont understand why they are championed. Oh yes i do, they are pure fat.

Comment

Sugarcane is primal too, and refined sugar is no less primal than refined coconut oil.
                        Make America Great Again

Comment

Honestly i dont care at all what others eat. Just think avocados are one of the worst "healthy" foods out there. Really when you look at their nutrition profile, i dont understand why they are championed. Oh yes i do, they are pure fat.
                          Well, here's why Mark advocates them:
                          Due to the wonders of transport, we can now enjoy avocados virtually year round, even though they’re typically considered a spring fruit on the West Coast and a fall fruit in Florida. (Yes, we know. Not technically a vegetable.) Often times when we discuss avocados, we get caught up in discussing its “good fats.” Specifically, we’re referring here to its oleic acid, a monounsaturated fat that is thought to increase levels of high-density lipoprotein (HDL). However, avocado is also considered an excellent source of folate, providing 23% per 1 cup serving, as well as health-promoting carotenoids – whose absorption is aided by the oleic acid – including alpha-carotene, beta-carotene and lutein. In addition, a study in October 2007 edition of Seminars in Cancer Biology suggested that the phytonutrients in Haas avocados may stave off oral cancer – which has a 50% mortality rate – by increasing the amount of free radicals within pre-cancerous and cancerous human oral cell lines, leading to their death but causing no harm to surrounding normal cells.

Read more: Top 10 Spring Vegetables | Mark's Daily Apple
                          When I look at it's nutritional profile, I see 25% vitamin C, 39% vitamin K, 30% folate, 19% B-6, and 21% potassium. That's in just one cup. That looks pretty good to me, especially as a pregnant woman who needs folate (baby development) and vitamin K (blood clotting during labor), and potassium (electrolytes, which baby takes a lot of). Cane sugar, on the other hand, has--let me check--no vitamins. (Neither does coconut oil, but coconut oil does have some amazing antibacterial and anti-yeast properties.) Carrots have a less diverse nutrient profile than avocados. The best they have is vitamin A--which is found in a ton of food, and 12% vitamin K. Everything else is under 20%. That's in 1 cup of carrots.

Now, I know nutrient profile is not all there is beneficial about foods, but since you brought up avocados "lacking" profile, I figured I'd do some comparisons...

Comment

You didn't mention all the PUFA and the fact it's still inferior to many other fruits

The only reason people like it is because they are fat obsessed and sugarphobic, it's really nothing special.

Sugar, coconut oil, and carrots do far more than their sum total of nutrients say
                            Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Derpamix View Post
                              Sugarcane is primal too, and refined sugar is no less primal than refined coconut oil.
                              Very true. Even Mark puts it in his coffee . I don't particularly care for it, though, since there are so many other, more nutrient dense or otherwise beneficial sugars out there. I like maple syrup and honey, as well as molasses (which is, technically, sugar cane! It's just the nutrient dense parts of it!).

Comment

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                                Well, here's why Mark advocates them:

When I look at it's nutritional profile, I see 25% vitamin C, 39% vitamin K, 30% folate, 19% B-6, and 21% potassium. That's in just one cup. That looks pretty good to me, especially as a pregnant woman who needs folate (baby development) and vitamin K (blood clotting during labor), and potassium (electrolytes, which baby takes a lot of). Cane sugar, on the other hand, has--let me check--no vitamins. (Neither does coconut oil, but coconut oil does have some amazing antibacterial and anti-yeast properties.) Carrots have a less diverse nutrient profile than avocados. The best they have is vitamin A--which is found in a ton of food, and 12% vitamin K. Everything else is under 20%. That's in 1 cup of carrots.

Now, I know nutrient profile is not all there is beneficial about foods, but since you brought up avocados "lacking" profile, I figured I'd do some comparisons...
                                No one advocated sugar, carrots or coconut oil instead of avocados. Blackstrap molasses and OJ were and calorie for calorie they both blow avocados out of the water.

Marks talking about monounsaturated fats and correlations with cancer, nothing positive. A CUP of avocado?! Whos eating that much, thats rediculous. And even at a cup the vitamins are dismal. Everything you posted can be had elsewhere for way fewer calories and its k1 has like a 10:1 conversion into k2. Eat cheese for blood clotting.

Comment

Working...
                                X