No announcement yet.

Severe Leg Cramps;

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pickle Juice. Trust me it works. My husband cannot stand pickles and he forces it down because it works.

Comment

If the electrolytes don't work (especially agree with the magnesium) I recommend that my patients drink a glass of tonic water at bedtime. It has quinine in it which is very effective for cramps.

Or you could stick a bar of Irish Spring soap under your sheets. I have a patient who swears by it. And she says it has to be Irish Spring. Not Dove. Not Ivory.

Think anyone would fund a randomized double blinded study on that one? =)

Comment

Another vote for magnesium.

Comment

I SWEAR THIS WORKS!

Put a bar of soap, any brand at the bottom of your bed between your fitted sheet and your flat sheet. Below where your feet are, so you don't kick it during the night. You won't have leg cramps at night again. I know of over 20 people of all ages who do this and once they put the bar of soap there, they have never had a cramp again.

Have no idea why it works, but it does. Weird, but true by my experience.

good luck!
          44 F 5'5
          SW 205.4
          CW 180.4
          GW 150

Comment

Blackstrap Molasses, tons of it. Honestly though its probably not magnesium, if the OP is on a HFLC diet, that is probably the culprit.

OJ and milk with blackstrap is the cure either way. Avocados are just fat bombs that are completely not a paleo food. Also they have only 10% Mag per avocado...

Comment

Aspirin, niacinamide, gelatin, epsom baths, more potassium, sodium, etc

I second the blackstrap, huge source of minerals
              Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                Blackstrap Molasses, tons of it. Honestly though its probably not magnesium, if the OP is on a HFLC diet, that is probably the culprit.

OJ and milk with blackstrap is the cure either way. Avocados are just fat bombs that are completely not a paleo food. Also they have only 10% Mag per avocado...
                Hi Zach, I have the same problem. Should I mix all those together or have them seperately? Is before bed ok, or should I have it during the day?

Thankyou for the help

Comment

Mix the blackstrap with milk, it'd probably be disgusting with oj. If you're cold, your circulation might be poor.
                  Make America Great Again

Comment

I would do a 16+ oz of OJ first thing in the morning and keep it going throughout the day. Mix the blackstrap with milk 1-2 times a day, right before bed is great for falling asleep, add some gelatin to it.

Comment

Thanks Derp and Zach

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
                        Avocados are just fat bombs that are completely not a paleo food. Also they have only 10% Mag per avocado...
                        Um, I'd have to say, from all of the articles I see on Mark's Daily Apple, avocados are most definitely Primal. Whether you agree with that or not is a whole 'nother story, but they are Primal...

Here are just a few articles Mark has about avocados:

Top 10 Spring Vegetables | Mark's Daily Apple

Are Chia Seeds Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple

Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

There are also a ton of avocado recipes that pop up when you type "avocado" into his (not the forum) search bar...

Comment

Noez! Don't eat meat or fat! Just guzzle orange juice and milk all day! That's EXACTLY what Mark recommends! /sarcasm

I've had horrid cramps all my life, low carb/high-carb didn't change them any. It seems that strenous, repetitive work is the trigger, AKA fun bicycling. If I ride like granny I don't get cramps. If I attack the hills and go fast enough to enjoy the ride, cramps appear on the menu for the evening. Baking soda DOES completely prevent and resolve them - but then you'll be peeing out your butt for several hours, so is it worth it to you?
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                            Um, I'd have to say, from all of the articles I see on Mark's Daily Apple, avocados are most definitely Primal. Whether you agree with that or not is a whole 'nother story, but they are Primal...

Here are just a few articles Mark has about avocados:

Top 10 Spring Vegetables | Mark's Daily Apple

Are Chia Seeds Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Healthy Oils | Mark's Daily Apple

Primal Blueprint Shopping List | Mark's Daily Apple

There are also a ton of avocado recipes that pop up when you type "avocado" into his (not the forum) search bar...
                            Dont care to read. They are genetically engineered to be huge balls of fat. Wild avocados look like this.

avocado.jpg

So no, eating a whole avocado is not primal or natural.

Comment

They're selectively bred and thinned out to be large. Not GMO.
                              Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by Knifegill View Post
                                They're selectively bred and thinned out to be large. Not GMO.
                                I stand corrected, eat up!

Comment

Working...
                                X