Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Battle Champion Wins 41 Battles. Undefeated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egg Battle Champion Wins 41 Battles. Undefeated!

This humble little chicken egg with its dense equator has conquered 41 other eggs. The first 23 were chicken eggs. The last 18 have been duck eggs. Does anyone else have an egg champion? How many has it defeated?

Crohn's, doing SCD

Oh, come on. Ain't nobody have egg vs. egg battles every day? You all just use the counter like mad men? What's the fun in that?!
    Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Head to head battle, photo here, giant whites vs speckled olives, all fresh from my mom's chickens

Capture.jpg

Comment

I thought this was going to be a thread about someone who'd eaten like 200 eggs in a sitting. I loves me a food contest.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I thought this thread would be full of people who eat eggs all the time and regularly keep track of winning eggs...

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Since going primal, I actually eat fewer eggs than I used to. It's more inconvenient for me to get good eggs than CAFO eggs. Also, since I don't keep bread in the house, I don't make a couple of fried egg sandwiches for supper when I'm too lazy to make a meal.
            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Since going primal, I actually eat fewer eggs than I used to. It's more inconvenient for me to get good eggs than CAFO eggs. Also, since I don't keep bread in the house, I don't make a couple of fried egg sandwiches for supper when I'm too lazy to make a meal.
              I'm finding that "breakfast burritos" are good in a Julian Bakery coconut wrap.

Comment

I would be in on a good egg war, but my egg guy is out of town for a couple weeks, and doing an egg war with the store bought eggs, even the "good" ones, feels too much like the Special Olympics. I'll wait til I can crown a true champion.

Comment

The funny thing is, this is a store-bought "free range" egg from Trader Joes, beating pastured duck eggs. Go figure!

Maybe the chicken was cannibalistic and that's why this egg is so buff...

Comment

I'm still trying to understand the rules of engagement so I can understand which egg wins, how, and what it wins.

Comment

From what I can tell, Knifegill uses one egg to crack the other open. He taps them together at their middles. One of the eggs eventually cracks open and that one goes in the pot/pan/bowl/etc. The survivor goes on to crack the next egg. Usually an egg will only defeat 6 or so eggs before dying. I think his champion egg will go rotten before it ends up cracking.

I've actually never tried it. I crack my eggs on the side of a pan or bowl, lol, and I let him crack his own eggs.

Comment

Lol, yes. The egg that doesn't crack is the winner! It wins - another day in the carton!
                        Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

She lost, she finally cracked. I lost count, but it was well over 40...
                          Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

I think you had a total of 22 duck eggs--since there was only one left in the carton when you champion finally cracked. So, all total: 45 eggs. And, it didn't even rot in the meantime!

Comment

Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Working...
                              X