Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Egg Battle Champion Wins 41 Battles. Undefeated!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Around Easter, my family has egg wars with hard-boiled eggs. You hold it with either end up in your fist and someone holds another egg like-wise, but with the end coming out of the bottom of their fist. Tap the eggs, and continue finding opponents to get a winning egg. No idea what factors into an egg surviving multiple rounds. Sometimes the broader end ("bottom") of the egg lasts longer, sometimes not, and also depends on where the air pocket ends up.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Awesome!
      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

And here I was thinking size mattered... (wink, wink)
        Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by AuroraB View Post
          And here I was thinking size mattered... (wink, wink)
          It's not the size of the egg in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the egg.

Comment

I told my oldest about this game - she thinks you must be lots of fun in person.

At Easter in my mom's village in Germany, the locals gather together on one certain hilltop to throw decorated eggs at the woods decently far away and below, with the express purpose of hitting a tree. Only the strongest arms succeed. Eggs that remain whole in the grass get hauled back up the hill by the children, for another toss. Broken ones are eaten by the dogs some villagers invariably bring as well for a good run. Dunno why - I just know it is how I grew up, and how my mom grew up, and what my grandmother has always done...

Probably is some ancient Teutonic pagan relic - that area was never conquered by anybody until the 20th century world wars.
            I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
            X