Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woman wears corset continually for THREE YEARS. Attains 16" waist...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    So letting your abs atrophy (and assuming back muscles) isn't harmful?
    People imagine the extreme fashion silhouette was the norm, but in fact, only a small % of the population could afford to dress like that. Most women had work to do. Their corsets/stays/bodies, whatever they were called in their period, were the equivalent of bras. Without modern stretch fabrics, it took some engineering to hold the breasts securely. In some periods, the garment functioned a bit like a weight-lifting belt during heavy labor, as well. If you speak to modern women working on living history farms today, some of them actually like their under-armor better than a modern bra.

That 16" waist look is creepy though. I'm thinking it's something like a very focused sort of anorexia.
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

Comment

I read that Jessica Alba did the corset thing for three months after being pregnant to get her figure back... Weird. It obviously does something. Though this German woman had an ultrasound of her stomach done and her digestive tract her stomach had been squished into an unnatural position, but she doesn't believe her doctor. She also can't eat a normal-size meal, because the corset constricts her stomach.

Originally posted by LauraSB View Post
      That 16" waist look is creepy though. I'm thinking it's something like a very focused sort of anorexia.
      It kind of reminds me of those women who get HUGE breast implants... It's kind of body dysmorphia?

Originally posted by fifer View Post
      Do people find it attractive?
      I'm sure there are - there are always people out there who find the extreme attractive. Extreme thinness, extreme fatness, extreme makeup, extreme boob jobs...

I like corsets and the hour glass shape, but these pictures make me sad. She looks artificial.
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Her figure looked much better before
        Make America Great Again

Comment

Originally posted by OutdoorAmy View Post
          It really is. I like the look of corsets too, but not to this extreme. I'd love to have one or two for the sake of wearing period costumes (former theatre major here) . . . but I couldn't ever do it to the point where it's more than 2-3" smaller than my natural waist. Reminds me of the pictures back in the height of corseting from the 16-18 hundred, where women's ribs and internal organs were just so completely out of whack.
          I used to cosplay, and a lot of the costumes I made involved a bodice of some kind so I had a steel-boned corset made to wear under them--cinched in my waist a few inches, and made my scoliosis seem to disappear (not sure if it actually straightened my spine but it sure looked like it did). It looked awesome.

As for the subject of this thread, it may not be harmful, but I find the way it causes the ribs to curve in more and the organs to be pushed downward kind of disturbing. I think if I found that happening to me, I'd freak out and stop.

I don't know if there's much of a point to what I'm saying, just musing I guess =P
          My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
          (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
          Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
          (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Still hard on the eyes
            Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
            Starting Weight: 294 pounds
            Current Weight: 235 pounds
            Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

I'm pretty disgust by the fact she is severely damaging her body for aesthetics, reminds me of feet binding. Her body though.
              http://lifemutt.blogspot.sg/ - Gaming, Food Reviews and Life in Singapore

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergirl View Post
                That looks awful. I would love a waist though. I am pretty straight except for boobs LOL. that pic looks a bit odd though, could be a bit photoshopped.
                I don't think it is. Here is a video of her without the corset on. It's already small, and that's without being constricted...

Comment

I've considered this off and on for years. now that i've had a kid and won't have another, hmmm. . .

i'm thinking. . . not htis small of course. . . but from 26 inches down to 22? that might be cool.

Comment

omg, that is nasty.

16-inch waist would look fine on a very petite person.

When I was pregnant, I was advised by traditional older women to bind my abs and hips immediately after birth for 6 months to keep old figure. The corset thingy was so uncomfortable I gave up around 10 weeks later. Oh well, larger hip makes waist look smaller

Comment

Originally posted by Cyborcat View Post
                      I do like the look of corsets, but going to that extreme is nuts, IMO.

Also, it's interesting seeing what a 16" waist actually looks like. I remember in Gone With The Wind (movie), it's mentioned that Scarlett has a 16" waist, and I remember watching that and thinking, "REALLY? That sounds tinier than it looks." And I was right.
                      Scarlett's waist in the movie at least was 18.5 not 16. (Until she had a baby when it went to 20)

This woman is a idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
                        Scarlett's waist in the movie at least was 18.5 not 16. (Until she had a baby when it went to 20)

This woman is a idiot.
                        I was about to post the same thing. Gone With The Wind is one of my favorite movies.
                        I am actually amazed it only took 3 years for her body to adjust like that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                          I've considered this off and on for years. now that i've had a kid and won't have another, hmmm. . .

i'm thinking. . . not htis small of course. . . but from 26 inches down to 22? that might be cool.
                          You should be able to get your waist down to that point simply by lacing up a corset that is properly sized.

Comment

Originally posted by lea View Post
                            That's right. I'm bad at remembering numbers and I think I confused it with her age at that point in the movie. Only a 2-inch difference, tho--it'd probably look about the same.
                            My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                            (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                            Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                            (Red Dwarf)

Comment

There's a lot of weird body mods out there that are a lot more permanent, disfiguring, and common than this. Anybody who is appalled by this probably ought to stay safe inside their bubble.

Comment

Originally posted by Aldergirl View Post
                                I don't think it is. Here is a video of her without the corset on. It's already small, and that's without being constricted...
                                Ahh! Tks, I think it looked more that way because she still had her corset on for that. Eeeek!
                                Started Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, and 5' 1", reached goal weight in 5 months.
                                Lowest weight 93lbs - too thin. Now stable at around 100lbs much better weight for me at my age.
                                Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

Comment

Working...
                                X