McDonald's McDouble "cheapest, most nutritious and bountiful food ever"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFastCat View Post
    can i still choose to believe mcdonald's is chemically?
    beautiful
    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
    lol

Comment

I have not eaten in a fast food restaurant in well over 15 years, ever since I saw SuperSize me, although I did set foot in one about 6 months ago when I was travelling and eating avocados and we needed salt. I just wanted to stand up on one of the tables and scream, "wake up people, this stuff is killing you", but of course I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
        Pictures of the burgers sure look tasty. I suppose I would eat them. Maybe get 2 or 3 of them plus buy some lettuce to replace the buns and have at it. There's a McDonald's .4 miles off the Pacific Crest Trail. The only time I've eaten at McDonald's in the last few decades as been there while hiking the trail.
        fast_food_vs_reality_02.jpg
        As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
          can i still choose to believe mcdonald's is chemically?
          Oh sure. And believe in the HFCS and soybean oil, too. I know I do. XD
          Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

A person can get very fit and trim indeed eating nothing but McDonald's value menu.

Like any other food, context is everything. If eating that McDouble as a staple allows someone to save $1000 over the course of a year and uses that money to buy themselves a road bike or a crossfit membership - yeah, that's pretty awesome value.

...ever since I saw SuperSize me...
            That documentary, while entertaining, was a steaming pile of misinformation and hidden facts on the part of the "me".
            Last edited by DeeDub; 08-02-2013, 01:31 PM.

Comment

You can get a 2.18 lb block of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese at Costco for 6.99. I haven't mathed that all out, but that's a pretty solid nutrition value in my book. Aaaaaaand delicious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                You can get a 2.18 lb block of Kerrygold Dubliner cheese at Costco for 6.99. I haven't mathed that all out, but that's a pretty solid nutrition value in my book. Aaaaaaand delicious.
                Unless you can't eat dairy.

I'll get a bunless mcdouble when I'm out and need food because they are one of the few places that don't make me sick, and as a super sensitive celiac that's priority #1 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
                  Pft. That's how much a one pound thing is here at the stores that actually carry it.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by AMonkey View Post
                    McDonalds is amazing if you want to put on weight, 23g of protein for $1 is fantastic. Shame it isn't so good for your health long term though.
                    100g of canned tuna in spring water has 25g protien and costs about $1.

The only thing I would buy at McVomit's is coffee or tea (locally now have coffee shop section - if not worldwide). Some years back their tea and coffee was horrible - lower quality than the food.

Comment

Last week I was meeting with a group at a fast food place. I had one of their salads with my own dressing, and one of their burgers, sans buns. I have to say, it was tasty, and I suffered no ill-effects. I wouldn't search them out, but if you are going to eat at a fast food place, there are semi-primal options to be had. I would definitely eat a McDouble, just without the buns.

Comment

Or the "cheese".

M.

Comment

I believe their cheese really is cheese, not 'cheese food', although with 'American cheese' you get the extra 'stuff'. Still, not the WORST thing.

Comment

What's really in a McDonald's hamburger?

From that link, if you don't mind CAFO beef, the burger patty is the most benign thing on the ingredient list of a burger at McD.

I'd go with a can of tuna or sardines any day. IF would be even better.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                            X