No announcement yet.

i'm stopping primal/paleo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The posters other posts don't look spam-like to me. They engaged in conversation pretty normally elsewhere. This post looks very unusual compared to the others. Punctuation is different, all lower-case. No idea what to make of that.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
      The posters other posts don't look spam-like to me. They engaged in conversation pretty normally elsewhere. This post looks very unusual compared to the others. Punctuation is different, all lower-case. No idea what to make of that.
      Look again. It does seem to be human writing on the value side, which is unusual, but the spam links are still there. It is a peculiar thing in 2013 indeed, one has to wonder how enough value is generated to make it worthwhile.

ETA: Or not. Now I can't remember if I was supposed to buy a blender or what, LOL.
      Last edited by loafingcactus; 07-29-2013, 08:26 AM.
      “In God we trust; all others must bring data.” W. Edwards Deming
      Blogging at http://loafingcactus.com

Comment

Originally posted by loafingcactus View Post
        Look again. It does seem to be human writing on the value side, which is unusual, but the spam links are still there. It is a peculiar thing in 2013 indeed, one has to wonder how enough value is generated to make it worthwhile.

ETA: Or not. Now I can't remember if I was supposed to buy a blender or what, LOL.
        Yeah, I only saw one post with weird spammy links in it. The others were engaging and the poster directly responds to other people by name. Rare that you get someone actually engaging as a spammer, but it's much more insidious.
        Depression Lies

Comment

Spammer or not...

Mkay. Bye.
          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

Comment

This is kind of an odd thread. They didn't ask for advice or anything, just popped in and went, "I disagree with y'all ... k, bye!"

Especially with no later posts to respond to the responses or add to why they think it's a good idea to "stop primal/paleo". Maybe they just haven't had the chance yet?

Hmm ...
            My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
            (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
            Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
            (Red Dwarf)

Comment

Last edited by Beachgirl; 08-15-2013, 07:40 PM.

Comment

@oceangirl,
                Folks,

I am a real poster! This one was posted from my mobile, hence the punctuation and lower-case letters.

@oceangirl - be nice, please. Each case is different.

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                The OP posted pretty much the same malarky on 6/30 down to the feelings in chest and neck. Someone pointed out to him/her that they had already posted such info so this person is nothing more than a shit stirrer.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

@Beachgirl - I totally agree. especially now, in the last week or few days.

Originally posted by Beachgirl View Post
                  OP has been listening to too much CW.

Comment

I think Perfect Health diet seems to strike a good middle ground too.

BTW, I am not a spammer.

Originally posted by Leida View Post
                    Huh? Primal may not be the best, but Paleo with lower fats and higher veggie inakle and a variety of tubers, like Perfect Health version sounds like a fit for this concern. I mean, it's not like pasta cures cholesterol ???

EDIT: sorry, saw that the poster is a spammer.

Comment

@PBNewby, I did read "The Primal Blueprint".
                      According to me, the take away from TPB is - "Saturated fats are good for you. Be liberal with them. Feel satiated. Eat carbs in the sweet spot i.e. 50-100g daily". That is quite low carb.

To answer your questions:

I was on Primal for around 5 months. I'll post the starting and ending cholesterol numbers back again, I don't have them handy at the moment. I posted numbers from around 2 months ago sometime ago.
                      In the last month/two, I was totally off dairy, which I thought would help lower LDL. It didn't - in fact it shot up to 217 mg/dl. My TC as of last week was around 315. TG were really low (as expected). And HDL was around 69 mg/dl.

Regarding exercise, I think this has been my biggest mistake - not getting enough. In hindsight, the main reason I think was because of lack of energy. I think I lost a lot of muscle glycogen and subsequently developed these muscle issues - like cramps etc.

Originally posted by PBNewby View Post
                      I agree, which leads me to believe that the OP did not read "The Primal Blueprint". There is so much more to Primal living than 'whole grains, or no whole grains.'

OP, I am curious how long you were primal, what were your starting/ending chol numbers, and your starting/ending weight? How much exercise do you do?
                      Last edited by faredoon; 07-29-2013, 04:16 PM.

Comment

BTW, just FYI.

Curiously, all my muscle problems started after starting Vitamin D3 (around 2000 IU daily, although the GP recommended 4000IU daily for 3-4 weeks). Don't know if it's a association.

Comment

Originally posted by faredoon View Post
                          @oceangirl,
                          Folks,

I am a real poster! This one was posted from my mobile, hence the punctuation and lower-case letters.

@oceangirl - be nice, please. Each case is different.
                          Out of all of the posts that questioned you..you chose mine? Sorry but your same post on 6/31 pointed to someone causing trouble. In fact, someone else questioned you on 6/31.

Comment

I posted the same question on two different threads - that's what was questioned. You seem to be the only one who resorted to name-calling. Think twice before calling someone a sh*t-stirrer.

Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
                            Out of all of the posts that questioned you..you chose mine? Sorry but your same post on 6/31 pointed to someone causing trouble. In fact, someone else questioned you on 6/31.

Comment

Till cholesterol agnosticism becomes mainstream science, I don't think Paleo/Primal will get credibility.

I like Dean Ornish's statement (not his diet programme) - "If you are on an Atkins-style diet, you are just mortgaging your health".

Comment

Good luck....

Comment

Working...
                                X