Primal/paleo "fast food"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Primal/paleo "fast food"

I'm guessing we all have those moments in time where we're hungry, but we don't want to cook an involved meal.

My easy peasy fast food is guac. I mash up an avocado, add some salsa that has primal-ly ok ingredients, and Voila! A nutritious meal in a couple of minutes.

What's your "I don't want to cook but I'm hungry" meal?
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Some sardines and veggies, either raw or in the steamer.
    My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82833.html

Comment

Roasted chicken deli meat, sliced avocado, sliced tomato or frozen extra leftover spaghetti sauce heated up with spaghetti squash,fajitas and guac with roasted peppers and onions from Mexican food place down the street or chicken or beef caldo. Fresh fruit.Good thread I need new ideas

Comment

For lunch I had some beef hacked off a chunk of slow-roasted brisket in the fridge, mixed with cold cooked vegetables, heated together with butter. And a dish of kimchi.

Comment

canned fishes. all sorts.

Comment

I start with scrambled eggs, yogurt, and/or pickles. It covers the hot/cold/crunchy bases with ample protein and salt so I'm never hungry after that.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

A US Wellness Meats pemmican stick. Their beef sticks are good too.

I sometimes do what I call a "deli dinner" which is basically whatever meat, cheese, and other stuff like olives, a random jar of sundried tomatoes, etc. Whatever I have kicking around the pantry. Add an avocado and/or some nuts. Little of this, little of that, and a bit of of the other thing, and you have dinner.

I just put it all on a cutting board and eat it outside on my balcony.

Comment

Nothing, coconut oil, or butter

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                  A US Wellness Meats pemmican stick. Their beef sticks are good too.

I sometimes do what I call a "deli dinner" which is basically whatever meat, cheese, and other stuff like olives, a random jar of sundried tomatoes, etc. Whatever I have kicking around the pantry. Add an avocado and/or some nuts. Little of this, little of that, and a bit of of the other thing, and you have dinner.

I just put it all on a cutting board and eat it outside on my balcony.
                  Gurl, if you ever decide to switch teams, I'm all over the San Diego area.
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

I've started eating liver with raw carrots, celery and onion. Very spartan but quite nice, no need for flavorings when they're raw.
                    Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                      Gurl, if you ever decide to switch teams, I'm all over the San Diego area.
                      When y'all down there in the Big Easy are having your really sweltery weather, it's about 72 degrees here. Come on out for a visit anytime.

Comment

An omelette made with 2 large chicken or duck eggs, salt and pepper (i.e. no filling).

Comment

Originally posted by upupandaway View Post
                          An omelette made with 2 large chicken or duck eggs, salt and pepper (i.e. no filling).
                          Two eggs with nothing else? I'll take 4 of those, please.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

Comment

3-4 scrambled eggs.

canned salmon mashed with avocado.

i keep hard-boiled eggs around most of the time too.
                            As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

WF Hot Bar. I've found that not eating real, cooked food sets me off-course in terms of eating habits.
                              My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

Working...
                              X