Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Health benefit differences between Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Health benefit differences between Coconut Oil and Coconut Butter?

Can anyone tell me if these two are equivalent in terms of MCT benefits, etc?

I don't know if they are equal and just processed differently.

Thanks in advance.

The oil comes from squeezing the meat. The butter is the meat whirred up to a sort of hard paste. They are both good, but I find the oil more versitile. You can't really cook with the butter, but it's yummy stuff.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Ok so in terms of health benefits they are identical but only differ in use ability ?

Comment

I can't answer that..in what is in them yes, but maybe the oil is more concentrated? I wouldn't worry about it. Enjoy either or both as long as what you are buying is 100% coconut.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by fkjr2 View Post
          Ok so in terms of health benefits they are identical but only differ in use ability ?
          Pretty much. I like to think that I'm getting a higher dose of lauric acid when I use the oil but I may be getting a little fiber with the lauric acid when I use the coconut butter.

Coconut Research Center Home Page
          Some people just need a sympathetic pat... On the head... With a hammer.

Comment

The butter is about 80% oil and 20% protein/sugar/water, close enough for a feel-good dessert IMO.
            37//6'3"/185

My peculiar nutrition glossary and shopping list

Comment

The oil is all fat. The butter is more like almond butter. You can make coconut butter with shredded coconut, a cuisinart and a LOT of patience.
              Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Working...
              X