Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday fun. Who are your 5 top favourite........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My top five that I've thrown my self into at various stages in my life.

Third eye blind
    The smashing pumpkins
    Nirvana
    Tool/ rage against the machine (same time)
    The John butler trio.

Sent from my iPhone
    A little primal gem - My Success Story
    Weight lost in 4 months - 29kg (64 lbs)

Comment

Originally posted by SugarfreeLife View Post
      YogaBare, I have been in Berlin concert last year, it was absolutely amazing, open air. He is such a noble man, I truly love his songs, you can find everything in them, every possible human emotion and state of mind. What is your favourite song? I love Alexandra Leaving, Nightigale and Waiting for the Miracle (and many many more)..
      I think he's enlightened His music is so evocative and profound.

That must have been an amazing concert! He's playing in London soon I think, but I didn't get a ticket.

I love "Alexandra Leaving"! I think "Master Song" is my favourite, along with "If it be Your Will". I ascend into heaven a little every time I listen to that Also love "A Thousand Kisses Deep", "Anthem", of course "Hallelujah", and of his new stuff I like "In my Secret life". Kind of more positive than his usual stuff!

How did you get into him? My dad is a fan, and brainwashed me with him from the moment of my birth. I used to sing "THere aint no cure for love" for him and his friends, which they found endlessly amusing coming from a six yo
      "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

It's hard to narrow it down to 5, but there are a few musicians that I go back to and for me their appeal stands the test of time:

Talking Heads
        Van Morrison
        The Band
        Bob Dylan
        Richard Thompson

Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

I forgot to mention,

The kinks
          Elo

Shame on me!
          FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

Yogabare thanks for mentioning LC, I forgot how much I like him!
            Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

Atmosphere
              Atmosphere
              Atmosphere
              Atmosphere
              And did I mention, Atmosphere?
              "The mountains are calling and I must go."
              --John Muir

"I don't know what's wrong with me, but I love this shit."
              --Tommy Caldwell

‎"Think like a geek. Eat like a hunter. Train like a fighter. Look like a model. Live beyond."
              --Hyperlithic

Comment

Originally posted by YogaBare View Post

How did you get into him? My dad is a fan, and brainwashed me with him from the moment of my birth. I used to sing "THere aint no cure for love" for him and his friends, which they found endlessly amusing coming from a six yo
                My BFF loves him, so I listened some of his songs and understood immediately why
                I must admit that I don't like Hallelujah in Cohen's interpretation but love Rufus Wainwright's one Same with Chelsea hotel.

The concert was amazing! We have very good seat, better than people who pay twice as much, so we saw everything clearly. Nice evening it was
                Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost. - Neil Gaiman

My journal
                iHerb.com code LBN037 - $10 off your first purchase

Comment

Mine keep changing. Current most played are:

1) Linkin Park
                  2) 30 Seconds to Mars
                  3) My Chemical Romance
                  4) Green Day

I don't know who to elevate to 5th place today. The Saints? Metallica? Deep Purple? Led Zep? Arlo Guthrie? Eric Bogle? P!nk? Garbage? Fort Minor? or maybe admit that the Transformers film soundtracks get played a lot 'cause they are like a perfectly suited mix tape. Maybe the real answer is:

5) Anything I used to like but haven't heard in ages (John Denver period excluded).

Comment

Working...
                  X