Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping trip was not all Primal?!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Camping trip was not all Primal?!?

    Hey

    Back from 3 days / 2 nights of camping on Vancouver Island - love that place. Suffice to say, I ate things that don't appear on the Primal food list.... Marshmallows over the fire, and for some random reason 1/2 bag of wine gums, oh, and ice cream! The actual meals were pretty good - meat and veg bbq'd, but outside of that - oopsie!!

    Back home Sunday night, and back on the straight and narrow since.

    Need to update my journal - will get on to that, just wanted to be accountable to my fellows.

    Happy Wednesday!
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

  • #2
    1/2 bag of wine gums
    What is wine gum?

    http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      What is wine gum?
      a chewy fruit candy if I remember correctly. Sadly it contains no wine (as I recall from my misspent youth)

      indeed - Wine gum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

      Comment


      • #4
        Sounds like a fun time, non-primal foods or not! Hope you enjoyed every bit of it

        BTW, you can totally make primal marshmallows!

        Paleo Marshmallows | Our Paleo Life
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Sounds like a fun time, non-primal foods or not! Hope you enjoyed every bit of it

          BTW, you can totally make primal marshmallows!

          Paleo Marshmallows | Our Paleo Life
          OH - WOWIE!!!!

          And yes, had an amazing time. It's an annual trip to Tofino, batteries mentally and physically have been reset!!!

          PG!
          Primal - June 3rd 2013
          Starting Weight - 150lbs
          Current Weight - 150lbs
          Goal Weight - 130lbs
          (Female / 5'4")

          Comment


          • #6
            That's funny; I camp a lot, often for 4-5 days at a time, and never have issues staying pretty much 100% (not counting whiskey, of course).

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              That's funny; I camp a lot, often for 4-5 days at a time, and never have issues staying pretty much 100% (not counting whiskey, of course).
              Well, I don't drink, so perhaps we're even ??

              Meals were totally Primal - it was the snacking that got me. And the inability to say NO!
              Primal - June 3rd 2013
              Starting Weight - 150lbs
              Current Weight - 150lbs
              Goal Weight - 130lbs
              (Female / 5'4")

              Comment


              • #8
                My $0.02 eating less than perfect, staying up late, not following routines etc is part of a vacation. If you worry too much about eating perfect, and not indulging you might not have recharged as much.

                Glad you enjoyed Tofino, I went there a couple of years ago, and I remember the drive across the island as much as I remember Tofino, but I am a bit of a car nut, and that highway is epic!!!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GuitarGrok View Post
                  My $0.02 eating less than perfect, staying up late, not following routines etc is part of a vacation. If you worry too much about eating perfect, and not indulging you might not have recharged as much.

                  Glad you enjoyed Tofino, I went there a couple of years ago, and I remember the drive across the island as much as I remember Tofino, but I am a bit of a car nut, and that highway is epic!!!!
                  The drive is awesome - found out the road was only tarmac'd in 1972 !!! It was all gravel before.

                  Yes, the recuperation was great - food, I'm back on the right road now 3 days....
                  Primal - June 3rd 2013
                  Starting Weight - 150lbs
                  Current Weight - 150lbs
                  Goal Weight - 130lbs
                  (Female / 5'4")

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Marshmallows are practically a camping tradition. I'd eat them. The wine gums and ice cream are a bit odd. Sounds like fun.
                    Out of context quote for the day:

                    Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      a chewy fruit candy if I remember correctly. Sadly it contains no wine (as I recall from my misspent youth)

                      indeed - Wine gum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      I'm sure they could be made with real wine...feeling a little kitchen inspiration after reading YogaBare's jello thread.

                      PG - it sounds like you've shaken it off and are back on track, so what's the worry? Three days of marshmallows and ice cream are NBD, in the grand scheme... I bet the mental recharge was worth it

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X