Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping trip was not all Primal?!?

Hey

Back from 3 days / 2 nights of camping on Vancouver Island - love that place. Suffice to say, I ate things that don't appear on the Primal food list.... Marshmallows over the fire, and for some random reason 1/2 bag of wine gums, oh, and ice cream! The actual meals were pretty good - meat and veg bbq'd, but outside of that - oopsie!!

Back home Sunday night, and back on the straight and narrow since.

Need to update my journal - will get on to that, just wanted to be accountable to my fellows.

Happy Wednesday!
    PG!
    Primal - June 3rd 2013
    Starting Weight - 150lbs
    Current Weight - 150lbs
    Goal Weight - 130lbs
    (Female / 5'4")

1/2 bag of wine gums
    What is wine gum?

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      What is wine gum?
      a chewy fruit candy if I remember correctly. Sadly it contains no wine (as I recall from my misspent youth)

indeed - Wine gum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

Sounds like a fun time, non-primal foods or not! Hope you enjoyed every bit of it

BTW, you can totally make primal marshmallows!

Paleo Marshmallows | Our Paleo Life
        Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Sounds like a fun time, non-primal foods or not! Hope you enjoyed every bit of it

BTW, you can totally make primal marshmallows!

Paleo Marshmallows | Our Paleo Life
          OH - WOWIE!!!!

And yes, had an amazing time. It's an annual trip to Tofino, batteries mentally and physically have been reset!!!

PG!
          Primal - June 3rd 2013
          Starting Weight - 150lbs
          Current Weight - 150lbs
          Goal Weight - 130lbs
          (Female / 5'4")

Comment

That's funny; I camp a lot, often for 4-5 days at a time, and never have issues staying pretty much 100% (not counting whiskey, of course).

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
              That's funny; I camp a lot, often for 4-5 days at a time, and never have issues staying pretty much 100% (not counting whiskey, of course).
              Well, I don't drink, so perhaps we're even ??

Meals were totally Primal - it was the snacking that got me. And the inability to say NO!
              Primal - June 3rd 2013
              Starting Weight - 150lbs
              Current Weight - 150lbs
              Goal Weight - 130lbs
              (Female / 5'4")

Comment

My $0.02 eating less than perfect, staying up late, not following routines etc is part of a vacation. If you worry too much about eating perfect, and not indulging you might not have recharged as much.

Glad you enjoyed Tofino, I went there a couple of years ago, and I remember the drive across the island as much as I remember Tofino, but I am a bit of a car nut, and that highway is epic!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GuitarGrok View Post
                  My $0.02 eating less than perfect, staying up late, not following routines etc is part of a vacation. If you worry too much about eating perfect, and not indulging you might not have recharged as much.

Glad you enjoyed Tofino, I went there a couple of years ago, and I remember the drive across the island as much as I remember Tofino, but I am a bit of a car nut, and that highway is epic!!!!
                  The drive is awesome - found out the road was only tarmac'd in 1972 !!! It was all gravel before.

Yes, the recuperation was great - food, I'm back on the right road now 3 days....
                  Primal - June 3rd 2013
                  Starting Weight - 150lbs
                  Current Weight - 150lbs
                  Goal Weight - 130lbs
                  (Female / 5'4")

Comment

Marshmallows are practically a camping tradition. I'd eat them. The wine gums and ice cream are a bit odd. Sounds like fun.
                    Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                      a chewy fruit candy if I remember correctly. Sadly it contains no wine (as I recall from my misspent youth)

indeed - Wine gum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      I'm sure they could be made with real wine...feeling a little kitchen inspiration after reading YogaBare's jello thread.

PG - it sounds like you've shaken it off and are back on track, so what's the worry? Three days of marshmallows and ice cream are NBD, in the grand scheme... I bet the mental recharge was worth it

Comment

Working...
                      X