How do you keep yourself motivated?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just eat food and it like it.

I like simple/uncomplicated stuff in life with less problems, including food and health.

Wondering what's in the food I eat - can i trust the manufacturer?, wondering if it causing me the issues that may occur in my health, having to go to doctors appointments, having to buy/keep/take medications - what are they doing to me?, wondering why my friends/family are always sick- and how they can eat certain stuffs if they take their meds, wondering if being overweight is normal when one's older, wondering how my health will be when I'm older........it's just too much work and trouble and time for me to bother with NOW - let alone when I'm older/sicker ( as is 'normal' these days for older people)............even thinking about it now is a PAIN and stressfull........

So for me its not motivation or discipline, it's just easier - just the way I like it.

Comment

Originally posted by RittenRemedy
      I may have to try your advice. I know the number one for me is PLANNING with STRESS coming in tag team. If I have to thaw something, I'm probably just going to bed, and the next day it is that much harder to say no to Subway or whatever we happen to have at work (massive amounts of sugary coffee).
      Cook up six eggs for breakfast/dinner - no planning no thawing.

Just work out your quick easy 'go to' meals that store well:
      - left overs
      - eggs
      - can of tuna or salmon with basic salad
      - boil up some rice melt in butter
      - cheese and nuts

Etc etc

Comment

I agree with Damiana in the matter of perception. I'm not kidding, but I honestly don't see the stuff served up at places like McD, et al, as food. I think of it as "artificial food type product." Almost all the foods (with perhaps the exception of fruit) that people write about craving are 90% advertising/packaging and 10% giant vats of crap cut into small bite sized pieces. I've been reading here for about a year, and I've never seen anyone write a thread about bingeing on liver.

Once you start to realize that the people/companies who peddle snack type foods are hardly better than the people who peddle addictive drugs, your perception of food will change. In fact they might be worse - no one buys addictive drugs thinking they're anything but an illicit pleasure, and they're often sold in dangerous places. Snack foods are sold under bright lights in happy colored packages, while really, they should all have a skull and crossbones on them.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Wow JoanieL, what a great perspective. I will keep that in mind.
          And I've found some motivation - I'm guessing that my BFF will get married next year, and I don't want to look preggo in her pics!
          Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
          34yrs old, 5'5"
          CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
          GW: 135lbs or less
          Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

I remember how I felt five months ago. And the three years prior to that. (Not to mention most of the rest of my life.)

I crashed and burned from adrenal fatigue and Vitamin D deficiency in 2010-ish. Spent the last few years "recovering" from that, to a point, but couldn't push myself without paying dearly for days afterward. Did a Whole100 after turning 50, because I was convinced that the way I was feeling physically and mentally was just the way it was going to be for the rest of my life.

I'm a completely different person now. I'm never going back, it was horrible!

Comment

To find out the motivation ways I ordered an analysis here: Individual personality analysis | Reveal Myself. They told me what I was doing wrong and how I could change it. They answered my additional questions about motivation. Since then I was able to work, stay motivated, and spare enough money to attend college courses.

Comment

Originally posted by blondiegreen View Post
                Wow JoanieL, what a great perspective. I will keep that in mind.
                And I've found some motivation - I'm guessing that my BFF will get married next year, and I don't want to look preggo in her pics!
                Blondie it's interesting that you are getting replies across the spectrum from gotta use discipline to stay motivated, to who needs discipline this way of life is just easier anyway. Wow, people are all different, aren't we?

About your motivation to not look pregnant at your friend's wedding - that strikes me as somewhat negative. It may well help you get started on this plan, but it won't be enough on it's own to keep you on it. Fortunately for me, eating (and exercising etc) primally feels so good that it becomes a reason in itself to keep going. There are virtually no negatives. I hope you will find the same, in the not-too=distant future.
                Annie Ups the Ante
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                X