Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the Paleo way of eating and fitness, but not the Bro-Scientists?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My guess is you aren't married. If you are..so sad for her and I vote she takes you to the cleaners.
    Ummm.... Canio is probably one of the nicest people here and of all the men here is probably one of the most understanding towards women's issues.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
      The second I am compared to gorbag..sorry canio6
      No worries. We're all entitled to our opinions. If everyone agreed the internet would be a boring place.

Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
      Ummm.... Canio is probably one of the nicest people here and of all the men here is probably one of the most understanding towards women's issues.
      Well, dang, now you are just making me blush. Thanks

anyway...back to arguing or being judgemental or whatever...

Comment

• Sorry canio6
        I meant no harm or obnoxiousness

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by oceangrl View Post
          Sorry canio6
          I meant no harm or obnoxiousness
          All good

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
            Thanks all. I am married (as many have said) and very happily so. My point was not that women are led by hormones, but that many women here (as Twibble states) have some kind of hormonal issue that makes losing weight/fat or gaining optimal health, even through primal, very difficult. I find that rather frightening. I read the young dude n=1 and think, "Yeah, perhaps that works for him" where as many of the women it is "nothing works for me" I find that depressing. I admire the fact they try, but it is rather daunting.

If I were a woman without said issues I might read many of the posts here by women and think they do not apply or that primal is only for persons with hormonal issues. I find the n=1 experiments done by many of the women here to be just as bizarre as the bro-science, which I also take with a grain of salt (or two).
            Yeah I find this to be true as well. The women I know who eat paleo don't have hormonal issues -- but they all crossfit. The ones that I do see struggle with their weight while trying Paleo aren't very strict. Many people who try Primal decide to leave the exercise and weightlifting out. I think it's waaay more important than Mark Sisson says -- intermittent fasting + compound movements and occasional high intensity sprinting == hormonal magic.

I wish in his next revision of the PB he revisits his 80% 20% macros (diet to exercise) - exercise is way more important than I think most people acknowledge since it is so conventionally wisdo.
            ad astra per aspera

Comment

• Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
              Does that make him King Troll Numero Dos?
              No. He is still numero uno. His combination of ignorance and arrogance still surpasses obnoxiousness any day.

Comment

• His combination of ignorance and arrogance still surpasses obnoxiousness any day.
                I always think people like that are just an act.....

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

• Originally posted by magnolia1973 View Post
                  I always think people like that are just an act.....
                  That makes it even worse

Comment

• Canio is the most understanding of women because he used to a queen of the gypsies in a former life
                    Last edited by kenn; 07-16-2013, 09:22 AM.
                    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                    Current Weight: 235 pounds
                    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

• This thread is awesome.
                      My Blog where I talk about my experiences with improving my health and life
                      (I try to update ... once in awhile)

Rimmer - Step up to Red Alert!
                      Kryten - Sir ... are you absolutely sure? It does mean changing the bulb.
                      (Red Dwarf)

Comment

• Originally posted by kenn View Post
                        Canio is the most understanding of women because he used to a queen of the gypsies in a former life
                        That is Her Royal Highness the Queen of the Gypsies to the likes of you...

Comment

• @Thefastcat, re intermittent fasting. It seems like there are many women who have trouble with if and the women specific data is quite mixed. I do better skipping breakfast mostly and the occasional diner but I haven't tried it beyond that.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                            Zimmerman yelled "Help" (a 17yo from Miami Gardens isn't going to call out like a little girl. Tubby suburban guys do),
                            my emphasis

Whoa, this thread sure went in some different directions. Without getting into the verdict, I thought this was an interesting aspect. The pictures of Zimmerman taken on the night of the killing, do not show a 'tubby' man. Zimmerman that night looks like he is 'normal' weight.

Now a year+ later he is very overweight. I've been wondering different things about this.

Has he been putting on weight from stress? Prison food? Comfort food? Intentionally, to try and make himself look 'weaker'? More 'innocent' (fat people are often stereotyped as incompetent, ineffectual, not often as malevolent)?

I will be interested to see if he drops the weight, and if so, how quickly.

Comment

• my vote is stress, he's gained a fair bit of weight over the last year
                              beautiful
                              yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                              lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                                my vote is stress, he's gained a fair bit of weight over the last year
                                My vote is defensive strategy, smart considering most of the pics of TM posted/shown are of when he was 6-12yrs old

He also tanned so he would be darker. Also smart since everyone kept labeling him as white instead of Jewish Hispanic
                                Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
                                Starting Weight: 294 pounds
                                Current Weight: 235 pounds
                                Goal Weight: 195 pounds

Comment

Working...
                                X