No announcement yet.

How many primals do you know?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know quite a few. My bf and then a lot of crossfitters at the studio down the street.

I'm in New York - we should have a meetup.

Comment

none unfortunatly. but im surprised at how many ohians there are here. I have one friend who i convinced to ditch vegetarianism, he tells people how much better he feels when he eats meat and doesnt eat bread.
      sigpic

Comment

Almost 1: I got my mom to eat and exercise primal-style as she's tried (and failed) at nearly every single other diet out there. So far, she's down about 20lbs in about 1.5 months. The reason I count her as almost 1 though, is because she doesn't really "get" the whole idea. She just does as I tell her and as long as the weight is still coming off, she's happy. I'm hoping to get her on board for life, but she won't commit...yet....mwahahaha!

Anyway, how's this for an idea: An (almost) *FREE* community-led PrimalCon in the heart of the country. You bring food for yourself and maybe a dish or two to pass, recipes, vibrams, and most importantly, experience. We can have a few people from the area we plan on holding it at scout out some great primal activities (hikes, swimming, games, etc.) and have multiple options for cheap bunking. Maybe groks and grokettes could graciously donate backyards/basements for tents/sleeping bags or we could even book a few sites at a campground. I say we make it happen!
        Last edited by Funkadelic Flash; 04-30-2010, 07:09 AM.

Comment

me, my wife and my son... soon to be 4 with the birth of my next child

Comment

None. At least until we have some kind of a meet-up.
            --

I'm back

Comment

Lone wolf here...

Comment

in real life - none, but I think I might have a couple of converts at work. Still trying to convince them. Hmm, come to think about it I converted one to low carbing a while back. He was ecstatic he'd lost 7 kg ( ~14 lbs) in a little less than a month. Not sure if he buy into the whole lifestyle of Primal Blueprint, but give 'em a couple of months when I show them my ripped six-pack and dense arm and shoulder muscles! *cough* Got a bit carried away there - sorry. Hehe.
                Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Comment

I have 3 buddies that are all primal.. two are hardcore, and one is kinda flaky.. but we all generally try to keep a primal lifestyle.

Comment

My bf & I are doing primal together. He's converted his parents. And my parents are having "primal dinners" (but can't give up their breakfasts...). We're trying to convert some friends. And a couple of people at our crossfit gym are doing paleo.

I know you started the thread refering to primalcon. I won't say yet again how awesome it was to meet so many other primals in real life and be able to talk about these issues over yummy primal food. (Oops. ) BUT it turns out there's 6 of us who went who live within a couple minutes of each other in San Jose. We're planning to meet up soon! If anyone else is in the SJ area, let me know!

Comment

Hey Suki I'ld be down for a meet up. Just caught wind of a few Northeasters in the meet and greet forum chatting about one in NY state. That's great that you have a chill group of primal friends. It's funny I wear a grok T everynow and then waiting for a fellow PB-er to shout out and recognize!

Comment

I was at the gym last week and saw a fit looking guy wearing virbram's five fingers. He looked so primal I wanted to ask him if he knew about MDA. 'cept I was too shy! LOL

I don't know anyone who is primal. Maybe I should get a t-shirt.
                        My website: http://www.shoppinganywhere.net/

Comment

I just found out that my roommates dog lady/dog babysitter?(idk what is PC now in days... 0.0) is Paleo... not Primal...but close. I'm working on converting a friend of mine but he is really stuck on CW and how bodybuilders 'do it' ...*sigh*... apparently reading article after article isn't enough for some people...
                          sigpic

Comment

I hear you Toni, the acquisitive power of most of the population is pretty low, so the regular popular diet tends to be very carby. You don't see American levels of obesity (people generally eat cooked food free of HFCS), but it seems as if there was a "chubbiness" epidemic. It's very noticeable in the poorer areas.
                            “Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
                            "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
                            "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

Comment

In actual person??? Only one. Althaur, my training partner from the old days, who introduced me to PB. We used to kick each others' butts on a fairly regular basis ;-)

But I'm close via MDA and Facebook with a quite a few lovely Groks and Grokettes...

Comment

So far I don't know any, but found another Primal on the board in my area so who knows. I have a work buddy in Cleveland that is interested, and eats Primal Monday-Thursday but goes for pizza and beer every weekend. Then complains that he isn't getting the results he wants. My wife is eating kinda primal and is seeing some results, but doesn't do any primal exercise, she is kinda just along for the ride at this point.
                                Strive for healthy today.

Satisfaction is the death of desire.

Comment

Working...
                                X