Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday fun. Why did you choose your user name?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combination of my given name and my usual online name - it seemed appropriate for here. My usual online name would feel slightly wrong in this context. But I'm liking Joapple - I may use it elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by joapple View Post
      Combination of my given name and my usual online name - it seemed appropriate for here. My usual online name would feel slightly wrong in this context. But I'm liking Joapple - I may use it elsewhere.
      Its quite golden delicious.
      FTM. I'm not biased, I hope everybody beats the mags!

Comment

I am quite short, have a hobby where you dress weird, and hairy feet (that I like to leave bare) - it just fits to me

Comment

Originally posted by lemontwisst View Post
          So what do/did you fly?

Mine's a nod to how I like my vodka...
          Glo power mostly. Current flyables are a rascal 40, aerostar 40, and a hobbico twinstar. And a small quadcopter.

Big stash of kits in variouse stages of construction.

Comment

BIFCUS is a common nicname for the Black Faced Cuckoo Shrike - a bird.

Bifcus used to be common in my garden, but their numbers dropped after the bushfires 10 years ago. They are coming back in smaller numbers now. They always remind me of a man in a formal Morning Suit. Just after they land they lift each wing in turn and settle it against their body, so their other common name is Shufflewing.

bifcus picture

I also have Birman cats and the blue one reminds me of a bifcus with her colour pattern.

Comment

Periwinkle is the name of my World of Warcraft Druid. And I really like the color.
              It's just another day in paradise
              As you stumble to your bed
              You'd give anything to silence
              Those voices ringing in your head
              You thought you could find happiness
              Just over that green hill
              You thought you would be satisfied
              But you never will-
              Learn to be still
              -The Eagles

Comment

Six kids, one husband, a dog and a bird--Ann of the Jungle.
                Ann of the Jungle's Primal Blueprint Journal:
                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread78155.html

Comment

Because I love the sand, sun, and surf! I'm also a bit of a brat!

Comment

Because I love kaktus. Also, because its very possible that it's the oldest primal thing you can eat. At least eating kaktus seems to get me in touch with seemingly my most ancient primal instincts....

Comment

Originally posted by Kakti View Post
                      Because I love kaktus. Also, because its very possible that it's the oldest primal thing you can eat. At least eating kaktus seems to get me in touch with seemingly my most ancient primal instincts....
                      Umm. Nopales are great in scrambled eggs.

Comment

because I were one..... a doc on an SSN

Comment

I had a pancake once. It was an accident.
                          Last edited by accidentalpancake; 07-16-2013, 08:06 AM.
                          I got 99 problems but a pancake ain't one...

My Journal

Height: 6'3"
                          SW (Feb 2012): 278
                          SBF: 26% (Scale)
                          CW (Sept 2015): 200
                          CBF: 17% (Scale)

Comment

Mines a bit of a story to explain!

I used to be a forester, in the woods, felling trees, wearing women's clothing and hanging around in bars and all that. I also used to be into lifting big weights as I obviously wanted to be Arnie, so when I wasn't wrestling trees, I was in the gym slinging iron.

Whenever there was a particularly big log to pick up and put on the timber stack (we did this by hand as my boss wouldn't fork out for a forwarder or other machinery), or just when there was particularly heavy work to be done, then I was called to put in some effort.

One particular time, two of my more lightweight colleagues were struggling with a big log so they called me to help and with the two of them on one end and me on the other we lifted the log on to the stack, but it really was at the limits of what we could all manage. During the lift (and most other heavy lifts as I recall), I clenched my teeth and gave several encouraging growls as a weight lifter would do when straining under something heavy (I'm sure you know what I mean). This was a really big log after all!

We fell about to the floor exhausted once done, and after regaining breath, one of them said that it sounded like there was 10 bears on the other end of the log which made us all laugh. From then on, every time a lift needed doing, they shouted for 10 Bears and the name has stuck.

Its not a name I use in real life and I don't do that job any more, so I thought I would resurrect it for the forum! Grrrr.
                            Fortune Favours the Brave

I can only talk from my acquired knowledge and experiences. You may have a different view or experience and I will respect that. Please respect mine.

Comment

I have blonde hair and green eyes = blondiegreen.
                              Needing some accountability, so here's my stats:
                              34yrs old, 5'5"
                              CW: 163lbs (07/2014)
                              GW: 135lbs or less
                              Eating mainly paleo, but including a bit of white rice (don't call the Paleo Police!)

Comment

Originally posted by 10 Bears View Post
                                I used to be a forester, in the woods, felling trees, wearing women's clothing and hanging around in bars and all that.
                                Do you miss the buttered scones?
                                The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Working...
                                X