Aldi (USA) begins selling grass-fed beef

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldi (USA) begins selling grass-fed beef

Forgive me if this has already been posted - I did a search and couldn't find anything USA specific.

I'm a member of a "Real Food TN" community on facebook and a poster there shared this article:
    http://www.moneysavingmom.com/2013/0...st-4-49lb.html

Aldi being what it is, I'm having trouble finding info about the brand offering the beef and was curious if anyone here has more information?
    Last edited by badwolf; 07-11-2013, 12:41 AM.

I know! I was at Aldi yesterday and picked up two packages, looked ok. It isn't US beef, I think the package said Argentina and New Zealand (?) It's gotta be better than what I was buying so I'm good with it.
    You are an animal on this planet and the rules of engagement are non negotiable.

Comment

Does Aldi have butchers in the store? If so, ask them. If you get a blank stare, the manager of the meat dept should know. Someone is taking delivery of the product, so someone in the store should know.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
        Does Aldi have butchers in the store? If so, ask them. If you get a blank stare, the manager of the meat dept should know. Someone is taking delivery of the product, so someone in the store should know.
        Obviouly you've never been to an Aldi. The store is very much a DIY kind of place so there are no butchers. I highly doubt the cashiers will know, either.

That said, my mom works for Aldi's corporate office, so I'm going to have to ask her about this when I talk to her next.

Comment

Thanks nikitakolata! I look forward to hearing what she says

Comment

can you post a link to this TN group? I live in Nashville
            Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

Comment

Originally posted by Jer37208 View Post
              can you post a link to this TN group? I live in Nashville
              I actually can't find a specific link for it, but if you search Facebook groups for "Real Food Nashville" you should find it & be able to request to join. Let me know if you have trouble and I'll see if I can't figure something else out!

Comment

Working...
              X