Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a trap! We're just slaves again!

Saw this

and realized we've been duped again. All this green propaganda was just a ploy to turn us from lazy desk slaves into fit field slaves again. We think we're starting a revival, but the government just wanted us to grow more food for them. :P
    Crohn's, doing SCD

better yet, get a sheep. they have the added advantage of being tasty.

Comment

But then we'd have to buy fencing...

Comment

But growing your own food is like printing your own money.
        Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Just make sure you eat all the food you grow so *they* don't get any.

My journal

Comment

Hey, I posted up a thread about this kind of thing not too long ago! Were I to have a yard, I'd certainly try mowing it with a scythe - they're terribly nifty things.

In the meantime, I have an old sickle.

M.

Comment

Very good. Really exercise the obliques. And he gets the barefoot benefit.
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

Just to think about that blade near my bare feet makes me shiver ...
                Why not just get a few rabbits, put them in a cage on low wheels and let them mow your lawn while you sunbathe

Comment

eh, after a few nifty scars, you figure it out. . .

reminds me to get back on the community gardening bandwagon.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                    Hey, I posted up a thread about this kind of thing not too long ago! Were I to have a yard, I'd certainly try mowing it with a scythe - they're terribly nifty things.

In the meantime, I have an old sickle.

M.
                    We have an old sickle, too! It's definitely not as expedient or ergonomical for mowing our 3 acres of grass as a scythe is. We're actually looking at buying a scythe now, especially since Knifegill tends to kill most gas-powered lawn equipment (lawnmowers, weedwackers, etc. We're afraid to give him a chainsaw...). I guess he's just too much of a caveman!

Although, for the $200+ we'd be spending on a scythe, maybe we should buy some sheep and a fence... except, our baby is due in September, and I'd rather focus on taking care of the baby rather than a sheep. One thing at a time, and all. I hear babies really eat up your sleep, mental-capacities, energy, time, and sanity like nothing else...

Comment

Scythe for the win.
                      Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                        Just to think about that blade near my bare feet makes me shiver ...
                        Why not just get a few rabbits, put them in a cage on low wheels and let them mow your lawn while you sunbathe
                        Supposedly, you can't actually cut your own feet while wielding the thing. Now, someone else's feet/leg that just happens to be in the wrong place, that's a different story!

Comment

I'm actually more afraid of stepping on a bee while barefoot than cutting myself. The one time I got stung by a bee was when I stepped on one while running in a sprinkler. Not fun! Needless to say, I don't walk in the grass barefoot anymore!

Comment

I'm not doing that barefoot. We have big scary waspy things and spiders, too!
                            Crohn's, doing SCD

Comment

You're losing your caveman cred with your fear of little creepy crawlies...

Comment

Working...
                              X