Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Burning hands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Burning hands

    For the last 3 to 4 months, my hands frequently feel like they're on fire. It's not that the skin temperature is higher than normal: just they feel like they're burning. The skin has dried up on them a lot too.

    Anyone ever had this?
    Last edited by YogaBare; 07-10-2013, 12:39 PM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  • #2
    That's so weird because two days ago I started having a burning sensation all over my body. It feels like sunburn but I haven't been in the sun at all! I've had this before a few years ago and it went away. It hurts to touch the places that burn the most. Google had several reasons, but it's impossible to pin it to something. I tested my blood glucose a few times to see if there was any correlation, but it was in the 80s. I know it's neurological and likely the symptom or side effect of something else. One more thing to add to our list, right??
    Last edited by j3nn; 07-10-2013, 12:52 AM.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

    “It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

    Comment


    • #3
      Are they red when this happens? If so, look at dishydrotic eczema. It makes my hands burn like crazy, and is worse during allergy season. I also have similar issues with niacin, it makes my hands burn like there is a match held to them.

      Comment


      • #4
        Is it like a nerve thing? I took a shot to my elbow in a dojo once and it made my hand cramp and stay in a weird claw position, while it felt as though my blood was just heating up. It wasn't hot to the touch on the surface, but that's the best way I can describe the feeling, like my blood was boiling inside my arm. My hand still cramps into a twisted claw if I even brush that elbow against something the wrong way anymore.
        "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

        Jack london, "Before Adam"

        Comment


        • #5
          Could be a nerve thing... or something fungal. What you're describing sounds a little like athlete's foot. Have you been digging around in a garden lately?
          “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by j3nn View Post
            That's so weird because two days ago I started having a burning sensation all over my body. It feels like sunburn but I haven't been in the sun at all! I've had this before a few years ago and it went away. It hurts to touch the places that burn the most. Google had several reasons, but it's impossible to pin it to something. I tested my blood glucose a few times to see if there was any correlation, but it was in the 80s. I know it's neurological and likely the symptom or side effect of something else. One more thing to add to our list, right??
            Oh God... seriously?! Actually, since you have it too, maybe it's a hormonal thing? A quick google said that it could be. I really don't want it to be neurological...

            Originally posted by LBee View Post
            Are they red when this happens? If so, look at dishydrotic eczema. It makes my hands burn like crazy, and is worse during allergy season. I also have similar issues with niacin, it makes my hands burn like there is a match held to them.
            No, they stay the same colour, but the skin on them has aged quite a lot in the last few months...

            Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
            Is it like a nerve thing? I took a shot to my elbow in a dojo once and it made my hand cramp and stay in a weird claw position, while it felt as though my blood was just heating up. It wasn't hot to the touch on the surface, but that's the best way I can describe the feeling, like my blood was boiling inside my arm. My hand still cramps into a twisted claw if I even brush that elbow against something the wrong way anymore.
            Ugh, sounds unpleasant! The hand is claw-free as yet, but maybe I have something else to look forward to

            Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
            Could be a nerve thing... or something fungal. What you're describing sounds a little like athlete's foot. Have you been digging around in a garden lately?
            Wouldn't athlete's... umm, hand, include some kind of fungus...?! And nope, haven't been in a garden.
            "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

            In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

            - Ray Peat

            Comment


            • #7
              reiki power activate
              Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

              Predator not Prey
              Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

              CW 315 | SW 506
              Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


              Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by quelsen View Post
                reiki power activate
                Ha, I wasn't expecting anyone to suggest that Actually, I've done all that training, but I don't use it anymore...
                "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                - Ray Peat

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                  Wouldn't athlete's... umm, hand, include some kind of fungus...?!
                  Not necessarily. The peeling skin is suspect.
                  How's your grip? Nerve injuries can make your hands feel hot, and so can carpal tunnel syndrome. Both can affect grip. Someone I know had hot, peeling hands until she was diagnosed with CT and had the surgeries.
                  “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” Rumi

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by SophieScreams View Post
                    Not necessarily. The peeling skin is suspect.
                    How's your grip? Nerve injuries can make your hands feel hot, and so can carpal tunnel syndrome. Both can affect grip. Someone I know had hot, peeling hands until she was diagnosed with CT and had the surgeries.
                    Oh, they're not peeling: they're just dried out... like raisins My grip is fine, too...

                    Thanks for the suggestions though!
                    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

                    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

                    - Ray Peat

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Any chance you're using microfiber (cleaning cloths, etc) it can suck the moisture out of your hands like nobody's business! New yoga mat? Oh, and is it just the palms?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by YogaBare View Post
                        Ha, I wasn't expecting anyone to suggest that Actually, I've done all that training, but I don't use it anymore...
                        SOOOO..... ponder it... i have had spontaneous Reiki activity with what i correlate to self healing events. has something changed in your perception of reality or with the way others relate to you. for me that is a sure sigh of an ascension event (there is no single ascension in my experience, the wheel keeps going round)
                        Optimum Health powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.

                        Predator not Prey
                        Paleo Ketogenic Lifestyle

                        CW 315 | SW 506
                        Current Jeans 46 | Starting Jeans 66


                        Contact me: quelsen@gmail.com

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X