Barbie vs Barbie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barbie vs Barbie

A model of Barbie doll with an average female proportions. It's quite interesting, because I can so clearly see my body in that average gal doll. And I actually find the realistic doll kindda nicer, warmer somehow.

Yahoo!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

They both have a thigh gap and if there is one thing that MDA has taught me it is that this is what matters.

Anyway, the 'realistic' barbie is based on the average 19 year old. This hardly seems fair given that Barbie is 54.

Comment

The more realistic one just makes the one on the left even more freakish looking!

Comment

Thing is little girls don't play barbie..... They play angry birds. Best get them birds slimmed down!

Comment

Originally posted by canio6 View Post
          They both have a thigh gap and if there is one thing that MDA has taught me it is that this is what matters.

Anyway, the 'realistic' barbie is based on the average 19 year old. This hardly seems fair given that Barbie is 54.
          I find the "barbie's" have the most favorable libidos in their mid-late 30's. n=1 and all that though.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
            I find the "barbie's" have the most favorable libidos in their mid-late 30's. n=1 and all that though.
            I've always found her a bit stiff, though you should see the look on her face when she finds out that I am anatomically correct.

Comment

Wow, I can't believe Thunder Thighs Barbie can even fit her fat ass into that bathing suit.

I'm quite interested in some of the more self righteous comments: "Well, huff, I never cared what Barbie looked like! I still loved myself all the same!" Getting a bit defensive, are we?
              Is it weird in here, or is it just me?

Comment

For some reason, the head on the realistic barbie is kinda freaky.

M.

Comment

Haven't liked any dolls since 1975 - Karen Black - Trilogy of terror (Amelia). *chuckle*
                  "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
                    For some reason, the head on the realistic barbie is kinda freaky.

M.
                    the size of the head with the line where the head connects makes it look like she has no neck
                    beautiful
                    yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                    lol

Comment

Originally posted by ombat View Post
                      Wow, I can't believe Thunder Thighs Barbie can even fit her fat ass into that bathing suit.

I'm quite interested in some of the more self righteous comments: "Well, huff, I never cared what Barbie looked like! I still loved myself all the same!" Getting a bit defensive, are we?

I'm kind of thinking the same thing. Frankly they both look weird
                      Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

Comment

Dang.... a few more make-over and Barbie will be a dead ringer for a blonde Mama Cass......

Comment

My nearly 7 yo has about 8 or so dolls in various princesses and barbies and plays with them along with littlest pet shop, lego pirates.... I don't know what angry birds are. But I am sure she'd play with it too. In fact, I can see my kiddo playing with dols that present any kind of characters gleefully. Kids are inventive.

Basically, the comparison here is a genetically advantageous rare female proportions and normalized proportions and how different they look. I don't think there is significantly more fat % on the average Barbie (maybe 5% difference) than on the model Barbie; it is about the skeleton and fat distribution. Cause we all know where Barbie carries her fat stores.
                          My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                          When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

I don't think the toy Barbie is actually realistic from a functional standpoint. Like your head would snap off with that skinny of a neck. I don't even think she represents "genetically gifted", she represents a toy made from a mold with plastic.

Which is a big part of the problem in this day and age- we even photoshop the genetically gifted into stylized images of a human body. Barbie's proportions...are not realistic- the world record smallest waist is 21", 3" smaller than her waist. Plus her neck is ridiculous.

So the comparison is a stylized toy to a toy with average proportions. No one has Barbies measurements. No one can look like Barbie. Just like no one can look like many magazine images, even the models themselves.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Toys are fantasy, human fantasy is always hyperbole. Yeah Barbie would not be able to live in real life, same as the Hulk, Thor or whatever other action figure for little boys.

The whole "if children cant see it, they wont develop these problems" approach is so incredibly retarded it blows my mind. Children are having sex at younger age? Better prevent them from seeing someone naked on tv, sure helped a lot.
                              Someone went full retard and shot around at their schools? Better ban violent music/tv/games, that will help.

Comment

Working...
                              X