Gift ideas for one-year-old child?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift ideas for one-year-old child?

I need a good idea more to impress the parents than the child, if you know what I mean. Under $50 would be great. Thanks!

My journal

Bacon and ribeyes.

Comment

Haha, very funny!

My journal

Comment

Time to get new friends. Spending $50 on a gift for a 1 year old to impress it's parents is ludicrous. Is this really what the world has come to?

Comment

I bet the kid would really like a package of dried mango to chew on.

Comment

A present for a one year old is tough, but I can tell you right now, that
            THIS THING SAVED MY LIFE FOR FIVE YEARS:

Push Around Ride On Buggy II - Walmart.com

Swear to the G-man, best.invention.ever...

And boy was I fit to boot!

Julia

Comment

It's my boss. Not friends. None of my friends would be so ridiculous.

My journal

Comment

Maybe I should just get something the kid would like and screw the part about impressing the parents. What do one-year-old kids like?

eKatherine--not sure if it has enough teeth to chew dried mangoes.

My journal

Comment

Boy or girl? One year olds can't do much...
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

Originally posted by diene View Post
                    Maybe I should just get something the kid would like and screw the part about impressing the parents. What do one-year-old kids like?

Give it a ball, a cardboard box from the liquor store, a stuffed animal, a dog toy from the dollar store, anything. It really isn't going to know the difference or care. Or nothing. Again, it wouldn't notice or care.

Comment

If your town or city has a children's museum or a zoo, I recommend getting a year-long pass to this place. It usually costs around $35-50 depending upon the city/etc.

Comment

Originally posted by zoebird View Post
                        If your town or city has a children's museum or a zoo, I recommend getting a year-long pass to this place. It usually costs around $35-50 depending upon the city/etc.
                        This is absolutely perfect. No "thing" that someone could take any kind of objection to, no gift card that could be construed as taking the lazy way out, and if they never use it, you have put your money to a good cause regardless. Me likes!!
                        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Girl. But I want to give her something gender neutral.

My journal

Comment

Hmmm...the pass sounds like a good idea. I'll have to investigate.

My journal

Comment

Diene - wooden blocks me thinks !!!!!!!!
                              you can pick up cheap ones. perhaps make a wee draw string bag, fill it with natural, no paint, no toxin preserved, wooden blocks ! Children love using their imagination to create something of their own, and with wooden blocks they can build, construct, destruct etc..... even the parents might enjoy !!!!!!
                              good luck
                              G x
                              "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Working...
                              X