No announcement yet.

Dating!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is something that concerns me, i don't expect to find a paleo/primal girl but it will be a problem in any long kind of relationship.
    I don't want to spend my life cooking two meals.

Like lazurus i'm a little bit of a throwback and do things that many modern women would find a bit odd or eccentric

Comment

Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
      November- Lazarus seems to be ignoring all the females, so, ah, how do you feel about dating Primal women?
      Well by virtue of being on this site you're almost certainly more confident, capable, mature, and probably sexier than 99% of men in the town where I live, so that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all The boys can go compare their cast-iron crockery elsewhere!
      Last edited by november; 06-28-2013, 05:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by november View Post
        Well by virtue of being on this site you're almost certainly more confident, capable, mature, and probably sexier than 99% of men in the town where I live, so that doesn't sound like a bad idea at all The boys can go compare their cast-iron crockery elsewhere!
        Sounds like a euphemism

Comment

Now you're just teasing us. Don't stop though.
          The Champagne of Beards

Comment

What are other people's experiences with navigating the singles scene as a modern-day Grok or Grokette?
            If I was single, and about your age, I'd join a CrossFit. Lots of amazing looking men, and it's a more sociable form of the gym.

As per your partner needing to get your diet...people prioritize things differently. I think pretty much every man can appreciate a good steak. (except vegans and vegetarians). If he also enjoys pizza, no big deal. I guarantee if you met a hot guy and say, cooked a dinner for him that was a big steak with some vegetable on the side as an afterthought, they'd be all DAYUM, even if they eat gluten.

Also, people evolve. I mean, hell, 15 years ago I would have protested Mr. Anthony (sorry), now I'd ask him to grill me up some of his meat LOL.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
            Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Hey now, no knocking my cast iron! But other than that . . .

I think the live-and-let-live folks have a point. As long as they aren't veg*an or die-hard fast foodists, it can probably be made to work. Do you do any hiking/biking/rock climbing? That might be another way to find men that like their meat.
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

If I were in a position to be dating, and a guy asked me out to dinner. I don't know what I would do. The chances are that some random restaurant he'd be planning on might not have anything on the menu I could eat.

Comment

Originally posted by urbancaveman View Post
                  As/if the relationship develops and sees what a fulfilled life I live, then perhaps she will come round to my way of living, until then I won't try to change who she is, and she won't try to change the way I am!
                  Simples!!
                  +1

I think that for me, it has made the process of dating much more practical....because let's face it, I am not meeting that kind of woman just anywhere. The odds that my kind of woman that would appreciate and respect my lifestyle would be chatted up at a bar are very low....so I have found that I do a little bit of Magnolia's advice. I go to a lot of places where "my kind" tend to congregate.

Crossfit gym, rugby club (we have more women than men!), Tough mudders, etc. A woman that takes care of herself like that usually understands where I come from...A friend of mine met a really awesome woman at a garden-supply store haggling over the price of a seed disk. He literally waited until the argument was over and said "Hello. I think you and I would get along pretty well. Are you spoken for, and will you go to lunch with me?"

My kind of guy
                  "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

It's hard. I'm celiac and the SO still eats gluten, but is very good about not making me sick with it. The problem is that he's super picky and it's almost impossible to agree on food that I can eat and he wants to. We have about 5 or 6 meals and he won't try anything new. I'll try cooking new stuff and he'll go to bed before I'm finished. He'd rather not eat than try something new, but is it worth trying to find someone new when he's great except for his BS childlike eating habits and beer consumption?

Comment

Dating?????? What is that?????

I don't understand boys! I try, but can't seem to make it stick.

Would love the online thing here - not having much luck in the real world or the internet world.

Oh - and Cross Fit membership is prohibitively expensive for me :-(

Taking all dating tips, how to chat guys up info !!!

PG!
                      Primal - June 3rd 2013
                      Starting Weight - 150lbs
                      Current Weight - 150lbs
                      Goal Weight - 130lbs
                      (Female / 5'4")

Comment

I haven't had a problem. On a first dinner date, go to a restaurant that has steak. Order the steak and don't eat any bread. Explain why if asked in very simple, non-judgmental sounding terms. If things work out, it will come up more and more and the person may decide to give it a shot or may not. But it hasn't been a source of conflict for me whatsoever.
                        The Champagne of Beards

Comment

I will try to put this short and sweet, but keep in mind who you are dealing with

A great quote: "Never be ashamed or try to conceal what you want." Once a guy understands that he is talking to someone who means what she says, you are 90% the way there....go to places where "your kind" congregate, and be aggressive. I don't mean act like a slut. I mean act like you know what you want and you are going to make it happen.

I've found most men and women nowadays are TERRIFIED for the other person to know they are interested. I think that is the dumbest, most weak-sauce garbage I've ever seen....I love a woman that will come up to me and say "Hi. My name is ____. How are you today?"

Done.There is no game for those that don't wish to be players. Be direct. It works better and saves you time.
                          "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                            I will try to put this short and sweet, but keep in mind who you are dealing with

A great quote: "Never be ashamed or try to conceal what you want." Once a guy understands that he is talking to someone who means what she says, you are 90% the way there....go to places where "your kind" congregate, and be aggressive. I don't mean act like a slut. I mean act like you know what you want and you are going to make it happen.

I've found most men and women nowadays are TERRIFIED for the other person to know they are interested. I think that is the dumbest, most weak-sauce garbage I've ever seen....I love a woman that will come up to me and say "Hi. My name is ____. How are you today?"

Done.There is no game for those that don't wish to be players. Be direct. It works better and saves you time.
                            Well said. Direct is always better. No games. Everyone no's where they stand for better or worse
                            One time http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post

Not sure if this was for me, but if it was / wasn't I enjoyed reading it, and it reinforced some long forgotten mantra's I've had for myself.

I hang out with like minded people a fair bit, but I'm oddly shy but then full of self pity being alone - go figure !?!?! I know it's only me that change change me, so I'm working on it, and hearing from a guy is helpful.

Thanks Lazarus - if you said you had horses, I think I'd move in with you - the no telly, and primal diet, hunting for food, and general peace sound awesome!

PG!
                              Primal - June 3rd 2013
                              Starting Weight - 150lbs
                              Current Weight - 150lbs
                              Goal Weight - 130lbs
                              (Female / 5'4")

Comment

Originally posted by RichMahogany View Post
                                I haven't had a problem. On a first dinner date, go to a restaurant that has steak. Order the steak and don't eat any bread. Explain why if asked in very simple, non-judgmental sounding terms. If things work out, it will come up more and more and the person may decide to give it a shot or may not. But it hasn't been a source of conflict for me whatsoever.
                                Most restaurants around here don't have steak. But if steak were on the menu, there would be hope. Given that I'm the dinner guest, I have limited input on the restaurant selection. Remember, you're the inviter and your guest is the invitee.

At least around here when they say they serve butter, it's real butter, not that plastic crap. "Waiter, I'll just have a dish of 30 butter pats for dinner."
                                Last edited by eKatherine; 06-28-2013, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X