No announcement yet.

Is this what we've come to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top left is way hot .. now where do I find a couple of them I could use a snack.
    04/23/2012 Max Weight : 448 lbs
    01/01/2014 Initial Weight : 428 lbs
    06/23/2015 Current weight : 288 lbs
    12/31/2015 Goal weight : 208 lbs

Comment

http://www.nytimes.com/1987/09/03/garden/hers.html
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

"I allow my eyes to linger on his thinning hairline. Then I dwell on his right thumb. Then I segue to his fly. Then back to his thumb. Thumb, fly, thumb.

I leave him standing there, looking down, wondering why these places are important."

Love. It.

I can remember reading a Cosmo article around the same time frame that said if you have cellulite, make sure the lights are off before you jump into bed with him for the first time. I quit reading Cosmo.

Comment

I didn't remember it all that well because it was a leg shape I had trouble identifying with.

Comment

Pinterest is the home of really stupid CW, because anyone can contribute. As the late George Carlin once said, "You gotta have standards man."

That said, it is really irritating and disingenuous when some women call ANY woman that is ectomorphic and attractive "anorexic." Imagine if any born-muscular (which this forum has plenty, by reports) were called "roid-heads" if they happened to be handsome....yes, some women starve themselves. That sucks and is dumb and unattractive. It's a very small number too.

(Disclaimer: My significant other is genetically a very thin woman. Skinny arms, bony shoulders, all despite working out a lot and eating well. She lost about 10lbs a few years ago doing primal, and had to go through a ton of being called anorexic when in reality she looked incredibly hot!)

I like me this more though. "Thigh gap" means you ain't got legs like this
            Girls Who Do Crossfit - This whole blog is incredible. ... | Fitness
            "The soul that does not attempt flight; does not notice its chains."

Comment

Lazarus - I totally get it.

I'm 5'10 and 149 lbs on a large frame. I could be leaner but I'm far from overweight.

One of my best friends and co-workers is about 5'9ish and 125 lbs on a petite frame. She is thin but definitely not anorexic. I've seen how much she eats in an 8-hour period. And then she goes home and eats more.

We both get accused, on a fairly regular basis, of "depriving" or "starving ourselves" by our heftier co-workers. We don't, by any means. But the belief that a woman couldn't possibly be at a healthy, or even below average weight, without starving herself is both pervasive and troubling.

With that said, bones protruding the skin and gaps between the thighs are stupid and short-sighted ideals to set for any person looking to obtain their "perfect weight."

Comment

That blog gives me a sad.

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCallMeLazarus View Post
                  Pinterest is the home of really stupid CW, because anyone can contribute. As the late George Carlin once said, "You gotta have standards man."

That said, it is really irritating and disingenuous when some women call ANY woman that is ectomorphic and attractive "anorexic." Imagine if any born-muscular (which this forum has plenty, by reports) were called "roid-heads" if they happened to be handsome....yes, some women starve themselves. That sucks and is dumb and unattractive. It's a very small number too.

(Disclaimer: My significant other is genetically a very thin woman. Skinny arms, bony shoulders, all despite working out a lot and eating well. She lost about 10lbs a few years ago doing primal, and had to go through a ton of being called anorexic when in reality she looked incredibly hot!)

I like me this more though. "Thigh gap" means you ain't got legs like this
                  Girls Who Do Crossfit - This whole blog is incredible. ... | Fitness
                  That is sad Lazarus.

But what's really sad is the dude in his speedos in the background of that link!
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

I'm sorry, what is sad about the crossfit tumblr?

Comment

all of this conversation about the pic i put up and all i can think is i flubbed the inigo quote

i'm so ashamed
                      beautiful
                      yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                      lol

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                        I'm sorry, what is sad about the crossfit tumblr?
                        ?

Comment

Well I sure can't do that. This is supposed to be sad because she's skinny? Because she has on tiny shorts?

As far as "fitspiration" goes that blog was the least disappointing I've seen yet. "Strong is the new skinny" is a worthless phrase usually, but at least the photos are of actual women (most of them crazy jacked), performing feats of strength, without any inane "inspirational" words imposed in the foreground, and no close ups of shorts riding up their asses.

Comment

Originally posted by sjmc View Post
                            Well I sure can't do that. This is supposed to be sad because she's skinny? Because she has on tiny shorts?

As far as "fitspiration" goes that blog was the least disappointing I've seen yet. "Strong is the new skinny" is a worthless phrase usually, but at least the photos are of actual women (most of them crazy jacked), performing feats of strength, without any inane "inspirational" words imposed in the foreground, and no close ups of shorts riding up their asses.
                            Re-read my original comment, then look at the pic again. .. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              Re-read my original comment, then look at the pic again. .. :-)
                              Oh right so you were just talking about the speedo-clad dude (sorry man)

But why are the other people sad?

Is everyone referring to the speedo guy? (my apologies for getting ruffled )

Comment

What I find sad about the entire pinterest blog, not that single post, is that it purports to be a blog of fit women (the title is "fitness"), showing that women of crossfit come in all shapes and sizes. Even Lazarus says there is no "thigh gap" there, while in fact the majority of women depicted are a size zero and none seem larger than a size 4. There is loads of thigh gap in the photos. I am not normally affected by looking at pictures of typical skinny fashion models, but jeez. That blog is a photoessay telling me that I can't be fit because I'm not built like a ballerina and I never will be.

Comment

Working...
                                X