No announcement yet.

Is this what we've come to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was his photo under moderation? How did we miss having a response to TheyCallMeLazarus's photo of:

WOW

I agree, though, where are the thighs?
    Are they just as nice?

Comment

• Just how do we NOT listen? I mean, there is a razor thin line to walk here. If we have thigh gaps we're anorexic. If we have just a little too much natural womanly cottage cheese thigh going on we "don't care about our health." Thighs are appropriately large only if we can squat bodyweight + and have abs. It's maddening. If I acquire an attitude of "fuck you I'm a lioness hear me roar" but I still don't have the body that looks right is that enough? I've been lifting weights for 8 months. No abs yet. Plenty of cottage cheese and muffin top. Plenty of fuck you I'm a lioness, but can you, the ordinary average person walking past me on the street, hear it? Even more, can l little miss "I must, I must, I must increase my thigh gap" hear it?
      Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

• Whoa is right. It was under moderation and now I understand why. Didn't see it until just .... sorry the pic is distracting!

Originally posted by Sabine View Post
        Was his photo under moderation? How did we miss having a response to TheyCallMeLazarus's photo of:

WOW

I agree, though, where are the thighs?
        Are they just as nice?
        Last edited by spk; 06-29-2013, 01:14 PM. Reason: made. no. sense.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
          Just how do we NOT listen? I mean, there is a razor thin line to walk here. If we have thigh gaps we're anorexic. If we have just a little too much natural womanly cottage cheese thigh going on we "don't care about our health." Thighs are appropriately large only if we can squat bodyweight + and have abs. It's maddening. If I acquire an attitude of "fuck you I'm a lioness hear me roar" but I still don't have the body that looks right is that enough? I've been lifting weights for 8 months. No abs yet. Plenty of cottage cheese and muffin top. Plenty of fuck you I'm a lioness, but can you, the ordinary average person walking past me on the street, hear it? Even more, can l little miss "I must, I must, I must increase my thigh gap" hear it?
          I agree, the average passerby on the street doesn't know if you are gaining, losing, or maintaining your weight and build. It's practically impossible to block out all comments about how you look and if you have more people making disparaging remarks rather than supportive ones, it is hard to build and maintain a healthy level of self confidence. I think that's why forums like this are popular. It's a lot easier to get support from people with similar views and situations.
          Primal Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
            Just how do we NOT listen? I mean, there is a razor thin line to walk here. If we have thigh gaps we're anorexic. If we have just a little too much natural womanly cottage cheese thigh going on we "don't care about our health." Thighs are appropriately large only if we can squat bodyweight + and have abs. It's maddening. If I acquire an attitude of "fuck you I'm a lioness hear me roar" but I still don't have the body that looks right is that enough? I've been lifting weights for 8 months. No abs yet. Plenty of cottage cheese and muffin top. Plenty of fuck you I'm a lioness, but can you, the ordinary average person walking past me on the street, hear it? Even more, can l little miss "I must, I must, I must increase my thigh gap" hear it?
            I find people are uncomfortable around me when I'm in "confident mode". If I feel good about myself, others in the street often look to the ground instead of meeting my eyes, males check me out, speak awkwardly and/or try and appear more "masculine" and I feel I'm a combination of avoided and admired. When I'm feeling a little insecure, quiet or in pain, people react like I see them react to anyone else.
            I know I have body dysmorphia. I know what I see in the mirror is not what others see and that my idea of what my body looks like changes every day. So I don't worry much about what I look like and what others think I look like. When they see me with my head up, meet my eyes and immediately look at the pavement, continually scan my body as though judging, yet not seeming to find flaw, when men watch my hips, breasts, ass and legs regardless of how much or how little I'm wearing and kids and dogs still like me and find me approachable, I find it safe to assume I'm looking awesome. And yet it has more to do with how I carry myself than what my body itself actually LOOKS like.

People can tell confidence from a mile away. And confidence causes more desire, envy and social anxiety than anyone's image of attractiveness does. You can dismiss skinniness, curviness, muscularity, pretty faces, nice hips... You can even turn them into something to mock (scrawny, tubby, hunky, dolled-up, fat ass...). You can't dismiss confidence. Annoyingly, the catch is that, to become confident, you have to dismiss your personal idea of attractiveness and dismiss any concerns about social judgement. Which few people can easily do.
            Last edited by Kochin; 06-29-2013, 11:52 AM.
            --
            Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
            I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
            I'd apologize, but...

Comment

• Baloney! If you're a speed skater or a horseback rider that inner thigh muscle is highly developed, very highly. When I was a teenager, a horseback rider competing in cross-country, three-day eventing, and jumping, those inner thigh muscles were so large I was embarrassed to wear a bathing suit in public. I was also very slender and in great health.

Instead of worrying about gaps, use those muscles.
              Last edited by Cryptocode; 06-29-2013, 01:21 PM.
              "When the search for truth is confused with political advocacy, the pursuit of knowledge is reduced to the quest for power." - Alston Chase

Comment

• All photos submitted through the site get moderated. It's a pain. Use photobucket!

I'm kind of in love with my thighs right now. They probably look awesome now (that photo is from this morning) because I biked around town.
                Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                  All photos submitted through the site get moderated. It's a pain. Use photobucket!

I'm kind of in love with my thighs right now. They probably look awesome now (that photo is from this morning) because I biked around town.
                  Can't even see them on my Android using the mda app once they have been approved. :-(
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• thighs look good, nameless wonder!

mine are a bit like that. I have a "longer" build though . . . like, very long thigh bones, so. . . yeah. Mine are a longer version.

Comment

• Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                      All photos submitted through the site get moderated. It's a pain. Use photobucket!

You look absolutely terrific!
                      Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

• Originally posted by Wildrose View Post
                        You look absolutely terrific!
                        agreed. I've had to revise my opinion on whether there was anything in MA worth seeing.

(kidding! history and what not...got it.)

Comment

• There's one other side to this that I feel the need to pontificate on. We all know that not all men judge women so harshly. I'm one of them. Now I know that this is a good thing, but during my teenage years (unto now) I was more attracted to women who did not fit that general "ideal". Thigh gap is probably a bad example, but plenty of other things that would generally be seen as a downside I saw as attractive. Lots of guys do that! However, in my case, as a male, I felt -shame- for not being all about the ideal "hot" or whatever. I felt bad for liking different types of women than I was told I was supposed to. It can hurt both sides of the equation.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post

Thumbs up!

M.

Comment

• There's one other side to this that I feel the need to pontificate on. We all know that not all men judge women so harshly. I'm one of them. Now I know that this is a good thing, but during my teenage years (unto now) I was more attracted to women who did not fit that general "ideal". Thigh gap is probably a bad example, but plenty of other things that would generally be seen as a downside I saw as attractive. Lots of guys do that! However, in my case, as a male, I felt -shame- for not being all about the ideal "hot" or whatever. I felt bad for liking different types of women than I was told I was supposed to. It can hurt both sides of the equation.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post

Thumbs up!

M.

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
                              But it's supposed to be a triangle/diamond of space between the top of your thighs and your hoo hoo, not between your this all the way from hoo hoo to knobbly knees :-)
                              ^This. So really, unless you are at the beach or in your underwear how the hell is any guy even going to know?

link to a thigh gap. NOT SAFE FOR WORK, those under 18, or public viewing. but you know...for science: The 'gap' used to mean the beautiful triangle between vag and upper thighs. See (most of) the pictures at the top of this subreddit. Apparently a lot of people think it means spread legs, skinny legs that don't touch, etc. They're

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                                ^This. So really, unless you are at the beach or in your underwear how the hell is any guy even going to know?

link to a thigh gap. NOT SAFE FOR WORK, those under 18, or public viewing. but you know...for science: The 'gap' used to mean the beautiful triangle between vag and upper thighs. See (most of) the pictures at the top of this subreddit. Apparently a lot of people think it means spread legs, skinny legs that don't touch, etc. They're
                                BAM! Now thats some thigh gap I can get behind!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X