Just say no!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just say no!

I thought it might be fun, or helpful, to make a thread where we can post the temptations we're avoiding at the moment. I feel like I may be less likely to give in once I've written it down publicly!

So, this morning I'm just saying no to the bagels and cream cheese my family just picked up.

Anyone else just saying no this morning?

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Im saying no to drop kicking the neighbor in the head.. cause you know..police and paperwork and bail and stuff...
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Well, I'm not saying no to much right now because it's only 9am Sunday morning, and for a party city, New Orleans is oddly quiet on Sundays.

But I did want to post for Seaglassgreen that if you're missing lox and bagels, I've found that chevre (fresh goat cheese found in a lot of grocery stores) and lox is awesome when wrapped like sushi in nori sheets. Once I tasted that, I never looked back. That was pretty much all I used bagels for.
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

toast,butter and strawberry conserve
        When I'd had enough of the grain and starched based 'diabetic eating for health' diet (eating for health, my ass!) my weight was 242.5 lbs. On starting primal- 18th April 2013 weight : 238.1.
        27th July 2013. weight after 100 days 136.9 weight lost 101.2lb ; that's 105.6lbs since I stopped the 'diabetic eating for health'
        new journal http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post1264082

Comment

Full fat yoghurt. I could literally drink the stuff. I know there's worse things but too much of anything is bad, especially dairy.
          Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
            Well, I'm not saying no to much right now because it's only 9am Sunday morning, and for a party city, New Orleans is oddly quiet on Sundays.

But I did want to post for Seaglassgreen that if you're missing lox and bagels, I've found that chevre (fresh goat cheese found in a lot of grocery stores) and lox is awesome when wrapped like sushi in nori sheets. Once I tasted that, I never looked back. That was pretty much all I used bagels for.
            Going shopping today...Resisting temptation to eat all the chevre and lox.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Sunday morning at work, nothing to say no to really. However, last night I said NO to some fantastic smelling AND looking banana muffins my sister brought over for my kids. I drooled a little, but still said no.

Wish she hadn't brought them. As I am transitioning my kids, wheat is first to go.
              There will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears. And love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears, get over your hill and see what you'll find there, with grace in your heart and flowers in your hair.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                Going shopping today...Resisting temptation to eat all the chevre and lox.
                Resistance is futile. I'm just glad that lox is about $20/lb here and there's no Fred Meyers selling "pieces" for half that. No matter how much I buy, I just keep eating it 'til it's gone. At $20/lb, I'm rarely tempted to buy more than a half pound.
                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
                  Resistance is futile. I'm just glad that lox is about $20/lb here and there's no Fred Meyers selling "pieces" for half that. No matter how much I buy, I just keep eating it 'til it's gone. At $20/lb, I'm rarely tempted to buy more than a half pound.
                  Local smokehouse produces "smoked salmon trim" that sells for $8.99 a pound at the supermarket.

Comment

Originally posted by CiKi90
                    Lox + goat cheese on cucumber slices
                    Lox + avocado slices, wrapped in prosciutto (on toothpicks if you wanna get fancy)
                    Lox + melon

All these combos are magical.
                    Oh man I am so trying all of those. Drool...
                    Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

Sleeping. One more long week of this hellish night shift.

Comment

Help! There's a slice of Bavarian chocolate cheesecake in the fridge!

Comment

I have been saying yes to a lot of not-primal things lately. Today I am going to only say yes to Primal foods.

Comment

My coffee is really tasty this morning, and I have been saying NO to going out and getting a pack of cigarettes to enjoy with my tasty beverage (haven't smoked for a month).

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
                              My coffee is really tasty this morning, and I have been saying NO to going out and getting a pack of cigarettes to enjoy with my tasty beverage (haven't smoked for a month).
                              That's really great, Rusty! Good for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X