Just say no!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
    My coffee is really tasty this morning, and I have been saying NO to going out and getting a pack of cigarettes to enjoy with my tasty beverage (haven't smoked for a month).
    ^ OMG, this. Today I've wanted to smoke worse than I have since quitting a couple weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Everything is going well and my usual trigger, stress, has been really low???
    Every moment of life does not have to be perfect to be of value --Winnie Dalley

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Comment

Originally posted by raikay View Post
      ^ OMG, this. Today I've wanted to smoke worse than I have since quitting a couple weeks ago and I can't figure out why. Everything is going well and my usual trigger, stress, has been really low???
      I think I've heard that sort of thing referred to as an "extinction burst"? Like the addiction's last attempt to draw you back in?

Goal: Feel good, be active!

Comment

Because I've been doing sort of a baby diet experiment, I've been saying no to coffee. In the last 15 days, I've had two cups of espresso. Normally I would have had 15-20 cups in that same time period. It gets both easier and harder.

Rusty, the cig thing is epic! Good for you.
        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Ugh, giant plate of supposedly very good homemade chocolate chip cookies!

Comment

I resisted fresh baked foccacia with sea salt & rosemary this morning!
            http://www.richardlongart.co.uk/

http://www.primalish.net/

“You have to know the past to understand the present.”
            ― Carl Sagan

Comment

Man, I have been saying no to so much... my dad is killing me. My veggie sister and her hubby are here, but they're not the ones buying crap! He's using them as an excuse. He's buying croissants, cupcakes, bars, cinnamon buns... it's so unfair. There's a reason I don't want that in my house! Although to be fair, only the bars and a bit of a cupcake actually got me. Croissants and cinnamon buns have no allure anymore.
              Out of context quote for the day:

Clearly Gorbag is so awesome he should be cloned, reproducing in the normal manner would only dilute his awesomeness. - Urban Forager

Comment

That's pretty good! It sucks to be surrounded by so much not-good food; for me if I wasn't paying so much attention to eating primally right now it would be very very easy for me to mindlessly eat a bunch of crap.

Also avoiding more cookies, meatballs with bread and MSG, chips, pigs in a blanket, cupcakes, etc etc. I did have one glass of red wine, which I feel ok about. I'm eating some more fruit and nuts than is ideal, but there is hardly any primal food in my in-laws house, so I'm just doing the best I can.

Comment

Almost an entire fair worth if fair food. I did break down and have some almonds roasted with cinnamon and sugar and about a gallon of Del's lemonade.
                  I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Comment

Raw dairy might be okay for you, it wasn't for me long term, but my boyfriend does fine with it
                    It gets rid of the dairy cravings though, because, you know.. its dairy. haha

Comment

Well, I just ate a whole rack of ribs and drank 3 beers. Actually there are three ribs left that I was thinking bout making part of breakfast tomorrow but might just eat right now even though I'm full, and also thinking bout having a fourth beer. I dunno, I'm kinda full, but these are killer ribs I smoked for 4 hours and some very good beer. Maybe I'll just have the beer.

Comment

Well, I just ate a whole rack of ribs and drank 3 beers.
                        Eating a full rack of home smoked ribs is so primal that it negates the beer. MMmmm ribs.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
                        Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

Comment

Went out to eat at a Mexican restaurant and didn't eat any chips or rice or beans! I had the grilled pork chops, and they traded the rice and beans for salad and tostones, and I felt excellent about my dinner I know there were probably undesirable oils, but I think it was pretty good

Comment

I said no to putting real sugar in my coffee even though I wanted it real bad I told me to get used to the coconut sugar because once I allow me to put regular sugar in once I will convince myself that it would be ok to only use sugar in my coffee as long as its only a couple cups. Then it would be only one piece of cake, then just one pop tart...there is no "just one' with me.

Comment

Baked 144 zucchini bread muffins and 36 banana bread muffins for neighbors and daughters. I did not eat, taste or try a single bite or crumb. I LOVE to bake. Have done it all my life. It will be a difficult part of the primal diet to stop. I need to work on weaning my family from the baking. My kids are all grown and can make their own choices to bake or not to bake. It is something I love to do and will have to find a new type of cooking.

I do have 6 pounds of home made, primal perfect beef jerky in the fridge and 6 more pounds on the dehydrator and about 2 pounds in the fridge waiting for the dehydrator. I made 3 different kinds using different spices and coconut aminos. Maybe I can replace the baking with jerky making....would love to get a smoker and try that. I even think my family would enjoy the jerky too.

So many life changes to make. Still, WORTH IT!!
                              44 F 5'5
                              SW 205.4
                              CW 180.4
                              GW 150

Comment

Wow, that is some serious baking and willpower to not try any! Good job on that and the jerky making! I need to try to make jerky more often

I just started using coconut sugar in my coffee too, hoping to work down to unsweetened though. It's not bad!

Comment

Working...
                                X