Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIP James Gandolfolini: Was it the Pasta and the Canolli?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP James Gandolfolini: Was it the Pasta and the Canolli?

Famed Soprano's star dies of a Heart Attack; in the news; slightly overweight; got me speculating; if the actor might have eaten an "Italian Diet" of lots of starch and carbohydrate?

Probably just SAD.
    The above should be viewed as complete and utter nonsense.

Comment

Primal dieters also all die.
      "Ah, those endless forests, and their horror-haunted gloom! For what eternities have I wandered through them, a timid, hunted creature, starting at the least sound, frightened of my own shadow, keyed-up, ever alert and vigilant, ready on the instant to dash away in mad flight for my life. For I was the prey of all manner of fierce life that dwelt in the forest, and it was in ecstasies of fear that I fled before the hunting monsters."

Jack london, "Before Adam"

Comment

In the absence of evidence to the contrary, it is safe to assume that just about every American eats too many processed carbs.

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
          Probably just SAD.
          He died in Italy...
          "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Perfidy View Post
            Primal dieters also all die.
            no we don't, we just change our identities so we won't be taken by scientists and studied should our secret get out
            beautiful
            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
            lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gorbag View Post
              He died in Italy...
              He was from Jersey and lived in NYC, right? Do we assume that one's diet is dictated by the country in which they happen to be in at the time of one's death?

Comment

Originally posted by aliphian View Post
                He was from Jersey and lived in NYC, right? Do we assume that one's diet is dictated by the country in which they happen to be in at the time of one's death?
                But, but... his family was of Italian origin, he acted as an Italian mafia boss, and he had a physiognomy like a typical Italian pasta eater! Well, to be honest I don’t know his diet, he might as well have been a SAD eater. It’s sad anyway to leave the scene at that young age, so R.I.P. Gandolfolini…
                "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."

- Schopenhauer

Comment

Originally posted by zebonaut View Post
                  Famed Soprano's star dies of a Heart Attack; in the news; slightly overweight; got me speculating; if the actor might have eaten an "Italian Diet" of lots of starch and carbohydrate?
                  italians are starting to eat more like americans and are getting fatter, but traditionally cannoli was a rare treat, not an everyday thing and most italians were slim.

i'm sure gandolfini just ate too much of everything -- he was a huge dude.

i also know skinny guys who have had massive heart attacks.
                  As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Just seems its more likely the pasta than the red meat or eggs

Comment

or the red meat on top of the pile of pasta.
                      As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

James Gandolfini was an awesome actor and Sopranos is one of my favorite shows. Do you people really have nothing better to do than try to make smug comments on his diet? I don't give a shit how much pasta he did or did not eat, he was not famous for his diet.

Comment

part of what he cultivated in his roles, especially as tony soprano, was the menace and also defeat within his hulking person. he could be looming and deadly, sensual and sexy or utterly broken and at his size that was all powerfully dramatic.

Ernest Hemingway

Comment

Originally posted by quikky View Post
                            James Gandolfini was an awesome actor and Sopranos is one of my favorite shows. Do you people really have nothing better to do than try to make smug comments on his diet? I don't give a shit how much pasta he did or did not eat, he was not famous for his diet.
                            agreed.

and if no ones professes to know what he actually ate, is it helpful to speculate what he ate based on his heritage or with hindsight based on his cause of death...or...seriously, the country he was in when he died. It is sad..

Comment

I'm not sad because I didn't know the guy. I am here to discuss diet.

Comment

Working...
                              X