Why the early settlers loved NZ

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the early settlers loved NZ

I took this for you all at our national museum back in January, and now I have learned how to post it. Enjoy

Annie Ups the Ante
    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

I have considered moving there, to be honest. But, it is a small country (I don't want to contribute to it's overpopulation) and that Kim Dotcom thing soured me.

M.

Comment

Originally posted by MEversbergII View Post
      I have considered moving there, to be honest. But, it is a small country (I don't want to contribute to it's overpopulation)
      NZ's population density is less than America's.

Comment

I have considered moving there, to be honest. But, it is a small country (I don't want to contribute to it's overpopulation) and that Kim Dotcom thing soured me.

M.
        Not to mention all the orcs.

Comment

Tempting. Can I keep my rifle?

M.

Comment

Yes, you can keep your firearms. Just do the wikipedia on NZ gun law, and you'll see whether what you have qualifies.

Comment

Tempting. Can I keep my rifle?

M.
              NZers are A-OK with Rifles. Just not semi-automatics or handguns.
              Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
              5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
              Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
              TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
              bloodorchid is always right

Comment

most of the people I know that have traveled a LOT, say that NZ is one of their favorite places ever! so there must be something to it.

Comment

Originally posted by magicmerl View Post
                  NZers are A-OK with Rifles. Just not semi-automatics or handguns.
                  Depends on the type of weapon:

https://www.police.govt.nz/service/f.../approved.html
                  If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                  If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

My Danish in-laws had to spend 2 months in NZ some 20 years ago or so. They still tell me that if they ever had to move from Denmark, that would be the place they would like to retire in.

I would like to visit the place when I have the opportunity. The only thing that bugs me a little is that you have to drive on the left hand side of the road and I suck at changing (I had an experience in the UK that was really bad - some people seem to be comfortable with changing road side but my brain is deficient in that respect ...). I never understood why we had to have differences in traffic direction between countries. Sweden changed from left to right some decades ago all of the sudden at precisely 12:00. After a period of relative chaos, things went pretty well

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post

The only thing that bugs me a little is that you have to drive on the left hand side of the road
                      this reminded me that Samoa changed a year or two ago - however apparently two villages decided NOT to change.............. this tickled my funnybone !!!!!!!!!!!
                      "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

Originally posted by dkJames View Post
                        My Danish in-laws had to spend 2 months in NZ some 20 years ago or so. They still tell me that if they ever had to move from Denmark, that would be the place they would like to retire in.

I would like to visit the place when I have the opportunity. The only thing that bugs me a little is that you have to drive on the left hand side of the road and I suck at changing (I had an experience in the UK that was really bad - some people seem to be comfortable with changing road side but my brain is deficient in that respect ...). I never understood why we had to have differences in traffic direction between countries. Sweden changed from left to right some decades ago all of the sudden at precisely 12:00. After a period of relative chaos, things went pretty well
                        I have also considered the land of the Danes but I'll admit Danish has been my least favourite Germanic language. That was some years ago, though, so maybe my opinions have changed.

How's the cycling culture in NZ? Too spread out to be "car free"?

M.

Comment

I was lucky enough to spend 6 weeks driving around NZ, I'll never forget it. Wonderful place!
                          Healthy is the new wealthy.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/ances...handnutrition/

Comment

In wellington, a lot of people cycle to work. Seriously, it's pretty cool.

I don't because I don't like the wind/rain conditions, but otherwise, yeah. A lot of people cycle regardless of weather.

Comment

I'm one of those types. I may have to visit and check it out for myself.

M.

Comment

Working...
                              X