Maca Powder

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maca Powder

What's your thoughts on Maca Powder? Anyone use it? Side effects? I was looking into it but have read that people with thyroid issues (like myself) not to use it. Then again I've also read that it aides in balancing thyroid hormones.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app

After Mark had a post on it and I heard some other users talk about it, I tried it for my low libido (turns out I have low progesterone). I think it messed with my thyroid or something. I had major joint pain while taking it. Be careful.
    Depression Lies

Comment

Made me nauseous.
      Paleo since April 2013 for health reasons.

Comment

Try ashwagandha and siberian ginsing for libido.

Comment

Originally posted by Zach View Post
          Try ashwagandha and siberian ginsing for libido.
          Do you have any resources w/ information about these? A quick search online and I'm finding very little information about ashwagandha being helpful for libido (but I am finding information about it possibly affecting the thyroid, which would not make it good for me given my response to Maca root). Information I found on siberian ginseng aka. eleuthero seems to indicate that it works by affecting cortisol levels. Not sure if it increases or decreases. I may try it at some point, since it's fairly cheap, but Vitex works well for me for my low progesterone (which I did have tested).

To the OP: what were you hoping to get from the Maca powder?
          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Do you have any resources w/ information about these? A quick search online and I'm finding very little information about ashwagandha being helpful for libido (but I am finding information about it possibly affecting the thyroid, which would not make it good for me given my response to Maca root). Information I found on siberian ginseng aka. eleuthero seems to indicate that it works by affecting cortisol levels. Not sure if it increases or decreases. I may try it at some point, since it's fairly cheap, but Vitex works well for me for my low progesterone (which I did have tested).

To the OP: what were you hoping to get from the Maca powder?
            I wanted to see if it would help out in balancing out my thyroid hormones and also rev up my libido and energy levels.

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
              After Mark had a post on it and I heard some other users talk about it, I tried it for my low libido (turns out I have low progesterone). I think it messed with my thyroid or something. I had major joint pain while taking it. Be careful.
              I've been having really bad joint pain and it seems to be getting worse. I wonder if the maca powder is causing this? It never even crossed my mind that it might be the cause.

Comment

I started adding a bit to my protein shakes here and there. I read somewhere that it made the whites of your eyes look healthier and whiter. Went through the bag in about 2 months or so, with no appreciable boost to eye whites or my boner. Haven't messed with it since
                Here to eat and move like a caveman, not look or stink like one

Comment

Made me feel like crap.

Comment

Working...
                  X