No announcement yet.

ready to give up weekday drinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It happens. great progress you made during the week!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
    True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

My journey: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread86444.html;)

Comment

It sure does, and at least you're not barfing for two days like Idiot Old Lady Me.

Ultimate Lameness.

Now you know how much NOT to drink next time.

SEE! Every moment is a teachable moment >enter smarmy sarcastic face here<.

Julia

Comment

I must say, I'm pretty proud of myself at the moment. I just got home from a party and I didn't eat a single corn chip, potato chip, piece of bread, or processed meat. I also drank only water and zevia soda. For me, that's a huge accomplishment. I only ate food that I brought to the party, which is also amazing when there were doritos right in front of me for 5 hours.

Comment

Niki, inspiring!!!!:thumbup: way to go !!##

True freedom is the ability to live in a way that is all life giving, not clouded by anything that contaminates body, spirit, or mind.

Comment

Had wine, cheese AND chocolate on Friday but none of that on Saturday. Declined a Klondike bar on Saturday.
            Female, 5'3", 50, Max squat: 202.5lbs. Max deadlift: 225 x 3.

Comment

Originally posted by excursivey View Post
              Blerg, I think I overindulged a little last night after skipping all week. Felt a little swimmy this morning. Gonna be more careful from now on.
              Blerg is right - I just came here to say the same thing. Feel terrible. I thought too many sulfates in white wine made it off limits but now it seems the same is true of red for me.

“you aren't what you eat - you are what you don't poop.” Wavy Gravy

Today I am Fillyjonk. Tommorow I will be Snufkin.

Comment

Originally posted by sbhikes View Post
                Had wine, cheese AND chocolate on Friday but none of that on Saturday. Declined a Klondike bar on Saturday.
                Now that's willpower!
                Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

I've managed to kick the weekday drinking into touch for around 10 weeks now,...although I'm not sure if we're counting Friday . I used to be a heavy drinker, like 1 bottle per night every night and 1 1/2 at weekends - I felt terrible.

Making it harder so, is my wife is exactly the same, and hasn't stopped, so I typically watch her consume between 1/2 to 1 bottle of wine every evening. Fairly heartbreaking knowing how good I feel without it. Our drinking was to heal pain, which I won't go into, but I'm so pleased to now have control over 'it', rather than 'it' having control over me.

You all seem to be doing very well in here. Acknowledging it's too much is half the battle.

Comment

@big Tim....wow! I've been there with using alcohol for cover up life. Yuk! It really is amazing how our is such a temporary band aid and negatively affects so many other areas of your life...bravo! For taking charge off your life/health!!!

Comment

MONDAY MORNING!!!

Forget the weekend! Start fresh and dry out folks!

Let's get primal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigTim View Post
                        I've managed to kick the weekday drinking into touch for around 10 weeks now,...although I'm not sure if we're counting Friday . I used to be a heavy drinker, like 1 bottle per night every night and 1 1/2 at weekends - I felt terrible.

Making it harder so, is my wife is exactly the same, and hasn't stopped, so I typically watch her consume between 1/2 to 1 bottle of wine every evening. Fairly heartbreaking knowing how good I feel without it. Our drinking was to heal pain, which I won't go into, but I'm so pleased to now have control over 'it', rather than 'it' having control over me.

You all seem to be doing very well in here. Acknowledging it's too much is half the battle.
                        I'm going through the same thing. I stopped about 21 months ago but husband didn't. He got worse for awhile and now goes up and down. It is hard watching and also hard to have fun with one drunk and one sober. I didn't realize how not funny I was drinking until I had to watch someone else (who is drinking) make jokes while I am sober trying to find the punch line. I think part of it is me too--I am more "flat" than I was when drinking. Anybody else noticed that?

Comment

Hey @missblue. Not sure about the flat thing, with me it was quite the opposite. I was drinking to numb emotional pain/trauma which put me into a vicious circle of self loathing. I couldn't have been any more flat than I was then.

I find that now, the charisma has come back with the confidence and absence of self loathing. Not that I'm a nutter that bounces around everywhere here and there, just unfalteringly sanguine. It's a good place to be

Comment

Currently on a train from London to my home town up-north in 1st and turning down free wine. It's the 3rd time the trolley has gone past...I'm going to have a seizure though

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalFreedom View Post
                              MONDAY MORNING!!!

Forget the weekend! Start fresh and dry out folks!

Let's get primal!!!!

I kinda hate to use the phrase back on the wagon but... Here we go week!
                              Breathe. Move forward.

I just eat what I want...

Comment

ok, I'm in.....been trolling this thread from the beginning. I've been trying to cut down for months with no success, I don't drink beer except on weekends working in the yard, but oh boy do I love my Scotch..... Been a daily drinker for many years, when I finally took control over my eating/health PB. I just can't understand why I still let this one thing continue to rule me, expecially since it makes me feel like crap every morning. So you folks have motivated me to get this done!

Comment

Working...
                                X